𝐈𝐈 𝐇𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐈𝐈 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐏𝐭-1

song inspired by- ii hands ii heaven by beyonce

[jaceluke]

The smell of ash was thick and it hung in the air up in the mountains. two small boys stood with their father, the king, and the other half of their family. jacaerys held his little arms around his little brother. tightly as ever. It had only been five years since Rhaenyra and Laenor had been married and the young princess died from failed childbirth. She refused to die like her mother. so the maester allowed the birth to take its course and it claimed her life. She left behind her heir, Jacaerys, five years old, and Lucerys was four.

the Hand of the King, Lyonel did not know what would happen to the grandchildren. it was no secret their different parentage. Jacaerys has silver-blond hair and violet eyes and Lucerys has brown hair and blue eyes. Viserys knew the true parentage of the children. After the funeral, he retired to his council room where a letter from his brother awaited him.

brother,

it pains me the death of Rhaenyra. even across the seas, I can feel your pain. I know that you know that Jacaerys is my son. I also know Lucerys is the son of Ser Harwin Strong. Those boys are in danger. care for them, viserys. the blood of the dragon runs thick. Upon my death, Dark Sister will be passed to Jacaerys. to keep their line pure between them and betrothed them as soon as possible brother. I am sorry, brother. I truly am.

daemon

The king suffered from a heart attack the next day at the news of Daemon's death. The rogue prince left behind his wife and two-year-old daughters. Laenor was also given a letter from Daemon stating the same as Viserys. Laenor now had to raise two boys alone.

At first, Alicent tried to bond with the boys as best as she could. She was currently pregnant with her fourth child. Rhaenyra's death drew a line between the family. Alicent offered to betrothed Aemond and Lucerys but Laenor simply told her he would entertain the thought. Soon enough her once kindness turned into a cold shoulder. She didn't acknowledge them half the time. her anger and hatred poisoned her son. it seemed as if the entirety of the Red Keep hated the boys. At thirteen and fourteen the boys were married per Daemon's request and Dark Sister was handed as well. Laenor didn't want Lucerys bearing children too young so he told Jace to wait till he was older to bed him. Jacaerys respected his father's wishes and waited. He spent his time training with his sword, leadership, and dragon. He had proven himself at such a young age. Lucerys was truly Rhaenyra reborn. The young boy was a bright light in such a dull world. He spent his time visiting the people of Kings Landing and the orphanages. After a couple of months, Aegon and Helaena were married and their uncle Aemond married Alys Rivers. The family was more tense with the arrival of Alys living in the Red Keep. they knew she was a Strong bastard and a witch at that. Laenor just bid them to stay away from them. Helaena and Aegon were the first to have children. Twins, Jaehaerys and Jaehaera Targaryen. next was Aemond and Alys, Maegor Targaryen. With grandchildren now present Alicent pushed Laenor to urge Lucerys and Jacaerys to have children. her words were, "It is essential to have heirs, Ser Laenor. or can Lucerys not have children? Can Jacaerys not get it up for his brother? He must bring forth children in coming years otherwise he is useless and it was a useless marriage pact." Nine moons later Lucerys delivered a healthy son, Joffrey Velaryon.

🌑

Lucerys took deep breaths as he felt the midwives spread his legs wider. they couldn't get much wider since he was nearly hanging off a chair. his nurse, Evelina, gently pressed a wet towel to his temple whispering for him to breathe and take his time.

"All alright, come on my prince," another midwife spoke as she prepared her blanket.

Luke shook his head, no. "I can't... I can't..." he panicked.