𝐆𝐮𝐢𝐥𝐭𝐲 𝐚𝐬 𝐒𝐢𝐧? 𝐏𝐭-1

[song inspired - guilty as Sin? by Taylor Swift]
[a/n- should I make this a CreganxLuke fic or pick another love interest. this was in my drafts for a while and I forgot the main love interest. oops. also for those who wanted a book for Paint the sky red it's out now called burning desires.]
-------------------

"uncle Aemond seemed really angry with you today in the courtyard," Queen Aemma spoke to Lucerys as they sat in their room. Lucerys sat on his grandmother's bed as she fluffed her pillows and laid down.

"grandmother... I don't really understand why people don't like me or my brothers," Luke softly answered, pulling his knees up to his small chest. aemma smiled at the small boy, his chestnut curls were covering his face as he looked down.

"oh sweetheart don't worry about what other people think. they just think you and your brothers have to have silver hair and purple eyes," Aemma explained.

"because of our hair and eyes they don't like us?" Luke questioned.

"it's more than that," she answered.

"why does it matter? our mother is Rhaenyra Targaryen. I even I have a crooked pinky like mama," Lucerys held his little crooked pinky showing it to Aemma. she laughed and pulled him into a hug. Luke curled up against his grandmother, her fingers running in his curls.

"that doesn't matter to several people, son. I wished it didn't," Aemma softly spoke tightening her hold on the boy. Lucerys ended up falling asleep in her bed. which she didn't mind because no one really visits her much. on occasion when Rhaenyra is able to come visit her but its much of Lucerys who seeks out the older woman. Lucerys hated training with Ser Criston and his uncle's so he just stopped showing up.

he took his grandmother on picnics and would travel with her to the Vale. Lucerys was just a kind, shy, and sweet boy who didn't want anything to do with violence. he managed to sneak away from whatever guards were sent to find him to bring him to the courtyard. the last thing he wanted to feel was disappoinment and failure. his chose to stay in the Vale for a summer with Aemma. Rhaenyra did not approve of her son's actions since she had plans to send him to Driftmark that summer. But Aemma overruled her as queen. he took up archery with Alastor Arryn. whilst Aemma and frigga chatted and ate desserts, Alastor and Luke shot arrows. Luke found a new passion for archery and even was taught some hand to hand combat with the knights of the Vale. Arrax even found The Eryie a comforting place. the waterfalls and plenty of animals to hunt for. it was essentially paradise for dragons. truth be told Aemma kept coming to The Eryie to get away from talks of succession and other political matters. she couldn't save her dear husband from the claws of Otto Hightower and of his mistress Alicent Hightower. she knows deep down it's her fault for not producing a son. she can't save her step children or her daughter from the grasps of the iron throne either. not even Jacaerys, who's already working up his leadership as future king. she was willing to save Lucerys. he was was too much sweetness in a world of cold, harsh, and true reality.

for the first time, she truly saw Luke bonding with a boy his age and knights. she knew his uncle's bullied him relentlessly for being a mamas boy and a coward for not picking up a sword. even ser Criston and Otto spouted disgusting words of the young boy. if she can ensure he could at least defend himself, she was going to. with the hearing of Laena's death, Aemma refused to go to the funeral for it was too much of a reminder of what she lost. Lucerys stayed with his grandmother which to some people took offense that future Lord of the Tides did not pay his respects to his aunt. he was still too young to understand his actions but if his grandmother wasn't going neither was he. he and Aemma never returned back Kings Landing. even with the hearing of Laenor's death and Rhaenyra marrying Daemon. anger and hatred grew in Lucerys with that news. Aemma tried to explain to him that it was the only choice his mother had. he couldn't stay upset with her either because he chose to stay in the Eryie and ignore he responsibilities as future Lord and as a second son. Aemma and Frigga taught him how to easily manipulate and take advantage of a situation. aemma was probably just the queen in many people eyes but she had her own skeletons in her closet.