𝐋𝐮𝐜𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐛𝐚𝐥 𝐏𝐭-1

[JaceLuke + RhaeLuke]

——————————————

A true dragon bond can be powerful, alluring, and peaceful for some riders, especially if the family can strongly hold together the bond between rider and dragon. Dragons are powerful creatures. They rule everything they fly over. Dangerous, mystical, and chaotic creatures. Lucerys Velaryon was lucky to have had a dragon hatch with him when he was born. The white hatchling, Arrax, was born from Syrax's clutch. have a deep connection that pulses through their chest and heart with their dragons. The rider can feel their dragon's pain and annoyance and so can they.

Unfortunately, Arrax did not live long. After the incident of Lucerys gouging his uncle's eye Alicent demanded the hatchling be killed. she didn't want an eye. her son lost an eye for the war dragon. if Lucerys wouldn't lose his eye he would lose his dragon instead. For hours Lucerys wailed and sobbed from the pain of death in his chest. They were torturing the poor hatchling before killing him. which is why Lucerys kept crying and screaming. it felt like shards of glass were dragged across his chest. like his ribcage was being ripped open and his heart torn out. For a second punishment, Lucerys would be sent to live on Dragonstone by himself for a couple of years.

🫀

While Rhaenyra married Daemon and moved back to Kings Landing with her children and Daemon's daughters, Lucerys sailed to Dragonstone. Lucerys was a shell of a boy when his caretaker, Celine Velaryon saw him arrive on Dragonstone. She was meant to be at Laena's funeral but a storm stopped her from setting sail. She was now in charge of caring for the prince. her heart pangs with pain as she sees the boy get off the ship and plant himself in the sand. His curls blocked his eyes but she could see the bloodshot blue eyes and his pale lips from the lack of food he's eaten.

"my prince, you can't wallow in your grief forever," Celine told him.

Lucerys felt fresh tears roll down his cheeks. He pulled his knees up to his chest and allowed the sea to wash upon the shore and caress his feet. almost as if the sea itself wanted to hug the boy.

Days passed and Lucerys rarely ate and spoke to Celine. he would spend his days sitting on the beach with the sea washing up to him. greeting him, comforting him, speaking to him. at least that's what Lucerys felt like he was hearing. one day the ache in his chest dulled. a pulse in his heart began. it didn't feel like Arrax's connection. Arrax was warmth, familiarity, comfort, and love. This was the opposite. This pulse was cold, madness, jagged, chaotic, monstrous, rage claws its way inside and makes itself known and at home in the once nest that belonged to Arrax. his heart pounded against his chest, his blood rushed in his ears. He heard the servants and dragon keepers yelling for Celine.

He didn't understand what was happening as he opened his eyes and saw a massive shadow hovering over him. He kept his eyes on the shadow that was perfectly painted on the sand and sea. Slowly he turned and faced upward. He felt no fear as a massive, pitch-black dragon stared at him with dark green eyes. The dragon slowly brought his head down to Lucerys and it took one sniff. Lucerys carefully reached his hand out and touched the black dragon. this dragon chose him. Lucerys was the first person to ever claim a second dragon. no one in Targaryen history ever claimed a second dragon.

Celine ran across the beach and the dragon quickly faced her with anger and in a stance of battle ready. her hand neared her sword but she watched Luke gently stand in front of the dragon and show him attention.

"Which dragon is that?" Celine asked one of the dragon keepers. she did her best to hide the terror in her voice. The dragon was the size of a castle, probably invisible at night, with long talons, and sharp teeth that had been stained red from whatever animals he ate.