𝐆𝐮𝐢𝐥𝐭𝐲 𝐚𝐬 𝐒𝐢𝐧? 𝐏𝐭-2

[ lucergon ]
[ a/n— alright I kept you guys waiting long enough ]

———————————————

Fiddling with the hem of his dress sleeve Luke stands by himself. Queen Aemma stood beside him but had to keep a small distance between them. Rhaenyra would not attend due to going into early labor. Lucerys worried she wouldn't make it since it was early in her pregnancy. The Greens stood to the left, Alicent eyeing Lucerys carefully. Vaemond also kept glancing over to the boy and the Queen.

“Ser Vaemond, you may step forward and speak,” Otto spoke.

Aemma swallowed thickly as she looked back at Lucerys. His blue eyes filled with worry and anxiety. The wolf from the North, Balerion, sat proudly beside Lucerys. Balerion had honey-brown eyes and stared intently at Aegon and Aemond. The smallest and deepest growls left him when they looked at Lucerys.

“I apologize to interrupt you Ser Vaemond but this is a waste of time,” Aemma cut in.

“your grace, we must properly listen to Ser Vaemond. He may be a good candidate for Driftmark,” Otto said.

“no, no, because this is a settled succession. Lucerys is to inherit Driftmark and then his second son will be heir to Driftmark,” Aemma announced.

“I apologize, Your Grace but Princess Rhaenyra has not betrothed Lucerys to anyone yet,” Otto responded.

Aemma held her head high and softly smirked, “It's recent news,” Lucerys took a deep breath and prepared himself for the news that would hit everyone and the realm with confusion. “Prince Lucerys has been betrothed to Cregan Stark, Lord of Winterfell.”

Otto frowned in confusion and glanced at Alicent. “Again, my queen, Princess Rhaenyra has not said anything to us.”

“My daughter lays in bed birthing another child. She hadn't sent you word of it because it was going to be revealed once Lord Cregan traveled to Kings Landing. Their firstborn will be heir to Winterfell and the second-born heir to Driftmark. This little petition is over.” Aemma turned around grabbed Luke's hand and walked out of the throne room. Balerion followed closely to Luke as they made their way past lords and servants.

Luke felt his heart pound against his chest as he allowed his grandmother to pull him to a room. The room was filled with tapestries, baby clothing, cradles, and toys.

“grandmother… I can't… I can't breathe,” Lucerys hyperventilated and tugged on his dress.

“Lucerys, calm down,” Aemma ran her hands up and down his back hoping to soothe his nerves.

“Did Cregan agree?” he gasps out.

“He did. He arrives in a couple of days. He's eager to get you with child,” Aemma smirked as she noticed Luke's cheeks turn a bright red.

“I am… nervous and scared. I fear for my mother,” he softly trembled.

“Your mother, my daughter, is a strong woman. She will push through. I swear this to you, Luke,” she responded.

“When will we tell her?” he rubbed his hand over Balerion's head and his ear.

“We might not tell her till after the wedding. Although I like to believe that combining House Velaryon and Stark will strengthen her claim. Then again I feel like Corlys wouldn't like this. It doesn't matter. Cregan is a good and honorable man,” Aemma pushed a curl behind Luke's ear and softly smiled.

Aemma took over most of the plans for the wedding including taking over council meetings. She now realizes she's been gone for too long. She's been urged many times to not attend the meetings and she's threatened countless of the members.