𝐀𝐜𝐫𝐨𝐬𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐞𝐚𝐬 𝐈 𝐖𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐃𝐚𝐲 𝐅𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐘𝐨𝐮

[ joffluke ]
[ angsty with no comfort ]
——————————————

He had to run!

Panic, fear, dread, and anxiety pooled in the pit of his stomach. Held as a war prisoner wasn't on his list of things to deal with and neither was his newborn baby that was freshly out of his womb. On top of running through the secret pathways that Maegor made, Jaehaerys and Jaehaera clung to his side. The small folk had broken into the red keep and while the king's guard dealt with them Luke bolted. Helaena had died during childbirth two days before with her son Maelor. The queen's death pushed the Greens further into madness. Luke was a prisoner to Aemond after he had arrived at Storms End. When the small folk broke in his water broke. His room was unattended and Aemond was nowhere to be seen he made his escape. He wouldn't leave Aegon's children to fend for themselves to the small folk. As he pulled the twins from their beds he opened the secret door, grabbed cloaks, and ran out. He had to stop once he felt the head of the babe's breech. Luckily the babe came quickly and their sob echoed in the empty hall.

Now he pushed open the back door, covering the children in cloaks and rushing to the Dragonpit. he did his best to avoid the large crowds but once he did arrive at the Dragonpit a mob of people was coming towards them. Blood stained his legs as he rushed in and found Arrax.

“climb on and hold on tight,” he tells the kids. He yells at the dragon keepers to break the chains on the dragon so they can escape. They reluctantly agreed and released Sunfyre and Dreamfyre. Sunfyre stayed but Dreamfyre followed at the scent of her previous rider on Arrax. The two dragons quickly flew off in the direction of Dragonstone.

“DRAGON!”

Rhaenyra, Jacaerys, Baela, Joffrey, and Daemon rushed outside at the commotion of guards preparing in case it was Aemond or Aegon.

“It's Luke!” Jace yelled.

The pearlescent, purplish, and reddish dragon landed like a spear being thrown into the sand. Lucerys clumsily climbed off and the twins once again stuck to his side. Dreamfyre landed near Arrax but kept her distance. Luke's leg gave out beneath him, the small babe began to cry from lack of food. His mother was by his side and shouting for a maester. Joffrey grabbed hold of Jaehaerys and Jaehaera and took them inside while Jacaerys lifted Luke in his arms and took him inside.

A bath, a hot meal, and in bed Lucerys was able to feed his daughter. The door was pushed open and Jaehaera and Jaehaerys rushed onto the bed, curling up beside the only person they knew as family. Rhaenyra, Daemon, Corlys, Rheanys, and Jacaerys entered the room shortly after. Rhaenys eyed the twins in black clothing sleeping peacefully. The baby in Luke's arm let go of his nipple and burped at the fullness. His mother helped him readjust his dress before fixing the baby in his arms.

“Alright, Luke. Tell us what happened?” Corlys asked.

lucerys exhaled softly and held his daughter close to his chest, “I'm sure you heard. Small folk broke into the Red Keep. I made a run for it.”

“Yes, we heard. Who's the father?” daemon asked, his violet eyes narrowed on Luke.

The door opened before he could answer, Joffrey walked in with a wary look. Joffrey was the same height as Jace and his hair always braided back in honor of Visenya. His eyes, unlike Jace’s who were brightly violet, and Luke's who were lilac, were a deep amethyst.

Daemon asked again who the father was.

The baby girl had little strands of brown hair and pale skin. Her eyes were a deep amethyst with little flickers of blue. Lucerys shuddered at the name but no one heard it. One brother did.