Settling in

After we settle in and fall asleep and wake up, dawn is just breaking. Turning over my eyes catches to Bie's soft sleeping face and I sigh. I can't help but notice how he looks like Jacob, but more like his brother, which I know he never had. No pain pings within my heart at the thought of Jacob but I notice love fills its hole. Love for him. Bie's eyes open slowly as he stretches a smile spreading across his restful face.

"Good morning my love." My heart skips a beat at his words and I can't help but blush. His smile widens as if he sees it and he kisses me on the top of my nose. Smiling at him I sit up and swing my legs over the bed edge.

"Morning," I say shyly and peer over my shoulder at him. Last night he had stripped down to his boxers and cuddled with me all night, holding me close to his heart. The bed shifts as he gets up and I watch him walk over to me but my eye catches on the balcony outside. Daylight is just breaking in when I recall the meeting that we have to be at. "Oh shit!" I yell at him standing up.

Panic flashes through his eyes as they meet mine and then simmer down. "The meeting," he nods in understanding, relaxing. We both dress quickly and head out the door hoping we are not late, but as we make our way to the meeting hall that was a community clubhouse at one point we notice others filing in as well. We file into the clubhouse and stand at the back wall. I notice people make note of us and some nod while others share a small smile.

Magie is standing on a table and so are a few others that I don't know. A woman speaks, drawing my eyes to her. "We have new comers as you know and we are relocating. Florida was on our heels but we diverted them and we have nothing to worry about. If we did I would let you know. The broadcast we heard won't be broadcasted again–"

Someone speaks up in the crowd, "How do you know?"

I can't help but tense as I hear those words and the murmurs that follow. Bie's hand comes to the small of my back, reassuring me.

"Because we found the broadcaster and told them the truth." Everyone turns to us at the back of the room and my face heats up in shame. Before I can wonder if they will kick us out or attack us a few nod in understanding and some roll their eyes. "We have new additions to our family and we are lucky to get ones that can go through all those zombies to get to the top of that radio tower. I look forward to how she can help us." The speaker smiles at me and others looks turns into looks of impressed.

The meeting countries on and we are told that we will leave in two days time and to pack. We have nothing to back so I make my way to the speaker and Magie at the front. I notice that eyes catch on Bie's massive form as we make our way through and again, everyone looks human while he looks, other. Magie smiles at me, her eyes softening.

Before I can stop myself from asking, "why is no one mad at me?"

"Because we all thought we had the cure and tried to get the information out." She laughs. Looking around I look at everyone who tried to get someone to listen to them but it seems no one did, but Florida. I shiver at the thought of what could have happened to me and push on.

"We don't have anything to pack. Should we help others?"

"Yes, and pack what you can from that house that you are staying in."

I nod and pause before asking, "no one hates me here, right?"

She looks at Bie and then me, "No one hates you. But they will be curious." We say our goodbyes and head back to the house to start packing. As we exit I notice bags lined up outside the clubhouse so Bie and I take a few. Once we are back at the house we pack the food first and then the clothes. I grab some towels and the toiletries in the bathroom, smiling as I take them. This is so great! I can wash my hair, brush my teeth and dry off!