Chapter 20

"I beg your pardon?" Yeonjun startled and sat back properly.

"Yes! I want to kill that fucking shit! Until someone doesn't kill him, I can't be at ease!" Arin thunked on the table loudly and said angrily.

"B-but! H-how is it related to Soobin? You mentioned earlier that you n-need someone who'd truly c-care for Soobin." Yeonjun stuttered because he thought Arin was serious about the matter.

"You don't know anything! You said you wanted to know about him, didn't you? Let me tell you what happened to him and why he was acting like that earlier!" Arin was all hyped up. Yeonjun heard all Arin was saying.

He got a huge shock by hearing what Soobin went through and what they were talking about earlier. He felt mad, sad, disappointed, heartbroken and enraged. He could understand why Arin said she wanted to kill that guy. It won't be a crime to dispel someone like him from earth, would it? His eyes got full of water. He remembered how Soobin was trembling, suffering and suffocating earlier. It was all because of that disgusting guy! He thought he was hearing wrong at first. How can one do something like that to the precious, angelic and sweet boy? But hearing the description from Arin, he couldn't bear it anymore. He couldn't gulp the food down his throat anymore. He kept drinking water from time to time to restrain his tears from falling. His throat started hurting because of it.

"So, he didn't get punished?" Yeonjun asked while looking up. He sighed and looked at Arin with his gloomy face.

"As far as I know, he didn't. I mean, Soobin was the one who needed to visit the police station because he hurt that jerk."

"He needed to go to prison?" Yeonjun asked, being astounded.

"No, he was interrogated." Arin replied shortly.

"I have known him for nearly five years now. He's been working here since then. He always acts like he is fine. But that was the time when he couldn't act anymore. He was shattered and there was nothing I could've done for him. I saw him suffer. I saw how he caged himself from the world. He was at his worst. I can't explain anymore! I can't bear to say how much he went through." Arin stopped and sighed.

"Do you know where he is now?" Yeonjun asked.

"Do you think I'm still sitting back doing nothing if I knew?" Arin replied.

"Leave it to me. I'll make sure to make his life as miserable as hell." Yeonjun's anger level was nerve-wracking and he felt he wouldn't cool down until he punished that guy.

Arin felt relieved because she felt a huge burden just got down from her shoulder since she pushed it to a guy who really cared for Soobin. She realized, this guy was gonna give Soobin his precious smile back on his face. She had a feeling that Soobin was gonna lead a happy life from then on. And she was ready to hand him over to this guy. She felt very proud as if she was Soobin's mother and she found a perfect son-in-law for her child.
____________________________

Yeonjun was feeling cold but he didn't have anything to wear. He thought it wouldn't take him long to return to his town. So, he didn't bring any clothes in case the weather got chilly. But he couldn't go back. How'd he go back after hearing all those things! How could he leave Soobin's side when he needed someone beside him?

Yeonjun came back to the hospital after the chit chat and was thinking about how he could help Soobin. First of all, he needed to gain trust, but what should he do to earn Soobin's trust? He couldn't understand at all. He saw Soobin was sleeping peacefully. His face was shining under the hospital light. There was no sign of gloom on his face. How beautiful he looks! Won't it be nice if he always looked like this? Yeonjun wondered. He grinned as he kept looking at his face and got mesmerized by his cuteness and handsomeness.

When Yeonjun woke up in the morning, he found himself leaning on the chair. There was a blanket on him. He put his head up and noticed it was Soobin's blanket. He was wide awake when he found Soobin wasn't in his bed. He stood up and looked for him here and there. He was holding the blanket while searching for him. Did he go to the washroom? He was hearing sounds of water coming from the washroom. He felt relieved and sat back again. He looked at the blanket and suddenly he smelled it subconsciously. It smelled nice. It was the same scent which he smelled on Soobin when Yeonjun carried him. He felt he was dreaming because he understood that Soobin was the one who put the blanket on him. And finding out the fact, Yeonjun was whipped by it. He started giggling while throwing his feet in the air cutely.

Soobin came out from the washroom when he noticed Yeonjun was awake.

"Oh! You're up!" He smiled at Yeonjun. Seeing the smile Yeonjun's heart melted down once again. He looked very refreshed as if nothing happened last night. As if he had no worries in his life. And seeing him smiling, Yeonjun would think Soobin had nothing to be worried about in his life unless he knew what he went through.

"Why are you all dressed up?" Yeonjun asked because Soobin wasn't in his hospital gown and it seemed like he was going to leave.

"Ah! Well, I'm fine! So, I shouldn't waste my time in the hospital anymore." Soobin said gently.

"What? How can you say you shouldn't waste your time? Your health is the first priority! I can't let you leave unless you get fully healthy!" Yeonjun stood up and went to Soobin. He tried to convince Soobin that he shouldn't be careless about himself. In reply, Soobin gave a dry smile.

"Why didn't you leave? Don't you have any work to do? You shouldn't waste your valuable time on me. I'm very thankful towards you and now we should really go back to our normal lives. I don't know how I should thank you, but I really appreciate the time you spent with me. As a stranger, you've done too much for me so don't make me feel like I'm in debt to you." Soobin said because he thought Yeonjun was showing fake concerns just like how everyone else around him shows. But none of them truly cared for him and he knew it too well that the people showering him with concerns, badmouths him behind his back.

"Do you still think we're strangers?" Yeonjun asked, being hurtful.