Chapter 33

As soon as Yeonjun got the answer, he stopped swinging his legs. He felt a sudden pressure in his heart. The smile vanished from his face. He became gloomy though he wanted to act cheerful.

"I-I understand! I mean...yeah! I shouldn't have expected too much!" Yeonjun said in a low voice. He was trying his best not to act disheartened.

"I hope you understand! But still, I want to stay as your friend. Can we?" Soobin asked slowly. He didn't have any answer for him right then. Although he didn't want to hurt Yeonjun, he couldn't agree to his proposal.

"Yeah! I get it! And yes! I'd love to be your friend! Man! I really wanna stay as your friend! But, I fucked up! Hahaha! I bet you'll feel uncomfortable around me!" Yeonjun acted all cheered up as if nothing was wrong with him.

"Don't be! I'm glad if I can get you as my friend. I mean, you're the first person I can trust with my heart. And I know you're a decent guy. So, I want you!" Soobin stopped, though he didn't notice what he just said.

"Huh? You want me?" Yeonjun asked confusedly and sat down.

"I-I mean... as a friend, of course!" Soobin replied strongly.

"Ah! Yes! I'll try my best to stay by your side as a friend!" Yeonjun smiled. Their conversation continued and time went by. Although Yeonjun was rejected, he still wanted to talk with the boy he had a crush on. The two of them didn't have any idea about the time. Soon, the sun started rising, shining and farewelling the dark night. Yeonjun noticed the light outside, but he didn't pay any attention to it. He kept talking with Soobin while flipping back and forth again and again. When Soobin noticed the sunrise, he gasped as he was surprised.

"What the... it's already morning! I needed some sleep! Ah! What should I do?" Soobin was complaining.

"Ah! I'm sorry! You can still get some sleep! You couldn't sleep because of me!" Yeonjun acted polite though he was feeling a bit guilty because of it. He thought Soobin had morning classes.

"It's okay. I'll go to sleep for now. Then, I'll go to the library to study." Soobin said and yawned.

"Don't you have classes today?" Yeonjun asked curiously.

"No, I don't." Soobin replied with his sleepy eyes.

"Okay, then! Goodnight!" Yeonjun smiled.

"You should say good morning instead!" Soobin laughed.

"Hahaha! You can also say that!" Yeonjun also laughed and at last, they hung up the call. When Soobin tucked himself inside his blanket, Yeonjun got up from the bed and started stretching. He was having mixed feelings about the boy. Should he be happy? Or, should he be sad because he was rejected? Soobin wanted him as a friend so he still had a chance, didn't he? Yeonjun was thinking while stretching.
______________________________

Soobin woke up when it was noon. He had a good sleep so it felt quite refreshing to him. He sat down and stretched his arms while yawning. He didn't want to get up from the bed, but he was feeling hungry. So, he got up from the bed and scratched his stomach as it was itchy. After washing up, he came to the living room and poured himself some water. While chugging the water, he noticed the flowers were wilting. They weren't in as good shape as before.

"Poor babies! How can I save you?" Soobin went to the flower pot and picked it up. He smelled the flowers to check if they were still spreading the nice odor. The sweet scent went inside his nose and it made him refresh his mind. A sudden happiness embraced him and he wanted to keep sniffing the flowers. He was reminded of the guy, who gave him the flowers once again. How charming he was looking, holding the flowers! Soobin put back the flowers and slapped his face. What was wrong with him? Why does he always remember the face? Moreover, he felt such satisfaction in his heart whenever he saw the face whether in his imagination or for real.

When Soobin put the vase on the table again, he noticed the paper was still there. Though he didn't want to pick it up, he touched it. He couldn't help himself but took the paper. It was a very ordinary piece of paper. But when he held it, it felt too heavy for him. Not the paper's weight was heavy, but the words were too heavy for him. He unfolded it and went through each word again. He felt a pressure in his heart. He wanted to go to the owner of the letter and say he'd be willing to give him a chance.

Here the question was, would he be worthy of Yeonjun? He'd bring him so much burden if he agreed. His life was a mess and he'd bring turmoil to the other person if he became someone's partner. Yeonjun might be misunderstanding his own feelings. He might be fancying him for a while. What if he got bored of Soobin one day? He'd leave him and that's natural. Soobin might be the one who'd give himself in. But, when Yeonjun would get fed up with him, what'd he do? He can't tie him up or something! Everyone he cares for leaves him eventually and hurts him.

So, what's the point of welcoming another person who'd leave him in the end? Soobin's mind wasn't stopping from all of the thoughts. He wanted some breaks, but his mind wouldn't let him. He sat down on the couch and leaned on it. He had no idea what he should do with the paper. He didn't want to throw it all of a sudden. Rather, he wanted to frame it up and keep it in his care.
______________________________

Yeonjun just finished his course and felt very tired. Since he didn't get any sleep last night, he was very sleepy too. He sat down in the shade of a big tree. The sun was giving its best so the weather was quite hot. The sweats on his forehead looked like pearls. He took out a small towel from his pocket and wiped his face. He felt thirsty, but there was nothing to drink. He thought he would bring some soda. As he forgot to buy some, he couldn't bring anything. Although he needed to go and get something to drink, he felt too lazy. He leaned on the tree as he thought he'd go after taking some rest for a while. The wind suddenly felt a little cold to him. When the wind touched his body, his sweaty and hot body started getting cold and gave him a nice feeling. The scenery in front of his sight was eye-catching. The field in front of him was empty as they already plucked the leaves to sell them. Although it was empty, it looked marvelous. Yeonjun started thinking the field would be filled with crops once again. Once again, he'd need to work so hard on this land. When he was thinking about it, he slowly closed his eyes. Within no time, he fell asleep and went to his dreamland.