Chapter 31

"Soobin-ah! Soobin! Choi Soobin! Come! Do you wanna go together?" Yeonjun said and extended his hand towards Soobin. They were at his school and inside Soobin's classroom. He was surprised how come Yeonjun was wearing the same uniform as him? Did he also get enrolled in this school? He wondered. Then he looked at Yeonjun who was giving a very nice smile to him. His hand was spreading near him. Soobin couldn't reject him and took his hand. Yeonjun gave a very big and sweet smile and grabbed his hand tightly.

"Hey! Student? Wake up! I need to close the doors." the security guard pushed Soobin lightly for several times to wake him up. Soobin opened his eyes and noticed the person in front of him wasn't Yeonjun, but the guard of their school.

"Aigoo! Why are you sleeping here? I was about to close all the gates. Go home and get some sleep, young man!" He said and went towards the door. Soobin stood up and put all of the books and notebook in his bag. Then, he left the room after apologizing the guard. He looked at his phone and noticed it was already dawn. He had to go to the bakery, but he was already late. So, he rushed to his workplace instead of going back to his home. He reached at the bakery, but got very tired from all of the running.

He went inside and saw there were more customers than the usual time. Seemed like someone was celebrating their birthday. The bakery was filled with a ceremonial aura. Soobin noticed many people surrounded the birthday person and was singing the birthday song for him or her. He couldn't see if the person having their birthday was a boy or a girl because of the crowd around them. Soobin kept looking at them. He suddenly felt a little jealous on the person. How lucky they were! There's so many people who were cheering and wishing for them! He suddenly felt a little sad. Did he ever celebrate his birthday like that? Maybe when his parents were alive. Although he never has those many people to celebrate his birthday. But after they passed away, nobody ever celebrated his birthday. He sighed while looking at the party.

"Hey! Soobin! Why are you so late? Come and give us a hand! Our hands are all tied!" Arin noticed Soobin was standing still. So, she went to him and poked him as she could understand something was going inside his head.

"Ah! Yes! Let me change my uniform, first!" Soobin came back to his senses and thought it'd be just a waste of time if he kept thinking like that. Moreover, he should be happy because he at least got someone to think about him. And that was enough for him. The question is, was it? He could never find an answer to it, no matter how much he searched for it. He was always ambivalent about the answer. Moreover, the person who cared for him was no more.

Soobin changed his uniform and came back to his work. He was putting the toppings on the cupcakes to decorate them. Suddenly, he remembered about the morning and the letter from Yeonjun. Was that all true? Or, was he dreaming? He wanted to go back and check if the letter was still there. What would he do to the piece of paper? Should he throw it away? Or, should he keep it in a locker? He couldn't understand anything. When he was thinking about Yeonjun's letter, he remembered the whisper of the boy,
"Don't forget your place. You're a slut and you should remain that way. Don't ruin others' reputation." The voice kept ringing in his ear as if someone was reciting them continuously in front of his ear.

He was feeling unstable and uncomfortable all of a sudden. His hands were trembling and that's why the cream wasn't applying on the cakes finely. Arin was busy with the customers. But she noticed Soobin was in a daze and overtopping the cake. She came to him and pushed him with her hand lightly.

"Soobin?" she lightly touched Soobin's arm. He gasped and looked at her. He noticed the cream was overflowing, so he moved the piping bag as soon as possible.

"Uh! Sorry I... I'll clean them." Soobin put the bag filled with cream aside and went to look for some tissue paper to clean the cream on the table. When he came back, he saw the table was all cleaned. He understood Arin already cleaned them. She was standing far from him, happily taking orders from customers. Soobin looked at her and sighed again. He had a small smile on his face when he looked at her.

When it was closing time and the customers left, Soobin was cleaning the dishes in one corner. He was mainly cleaning the pots, bowls and trays which he used for baking.

"Soobin-ah! How much time are you gonna take?" Arin asked while coming to the kitchen.

"Ah! Not long! Why?" Soobin tried to look back, but he was afraid he'd break the plate on his hand. So without looking at Arin, he continued his job.

"Come and have some snacks with us once you're finished. We'll be waiting for you." As soon as she finished, she didn't give Soobin a chance to talk and went away. Soobin looked and tried to say something, but before that, she left.

"Ah! I wanna go home!" Soobin mumbled and pouted. After he was done with his work, he came to the table where Arin was sipping coffee and working on her laptop.

"Where's everyone?" Soobin asked while wiping his hand on his apron.

"They left." Arin put the cup on the table and said, without looking at Soobin.

"Ah! Then, can I go now too? I..." he couldn't finish his words because Arin interrupted.

"Did I say you can leave? Come sit here." Arin gestured with her eyes. Soobin gulped as he thought he might have done something wrong and she was gonna lecture him. He slowly pulled the chair in front of her and sat down. He looked at her with curiosity and nervousness.

"Tell me what's going on?" Arin closed the laptop and looked at him.

"Eh?" Soobin couldn't understand what was going on at first. So, he was confused.

"Tell me, what's bothering you?" She asked, while crossing her fingers.

"Uh... nothing... I guess?" Soobin replied as he couldn't get why she was asking all of these.

"Then, why were you in a daze all day? Did someone say anything to you? Did someone bother you? Or harrass you? Was it him? Owner of YJ farm?" she asked very curiously.

"No-no! You're wrong! There's nothing wrong! Seriously! I just remembered...my... grandma today. So..." Soobin lowered his head and finally understood why she was asking all of the questions.

"I'm sorry! I won't slack off again!" Soobin said again, in a calm voice.

"That's not what I'm worried about! It's because of you! If my employees can't rely on me, then, what's the point of me being the owner? Don't you think so?" Arin said and gave a smile.

"You're right! Actually, there's something that's bothering me." Soobin said. He was looking very worried.

***********************************
Hello guys! How're you all doing? I hope all of you lovelies are doing great! Are you enjoying my story? Then vote, comment and share🥺 it'd mean a lot to me 🤧 and if you raise the view of my books to 6k within September 02, which is my birthday, I promise that I'll do a face reveal on Instagram so you can follow me on Instagram ☺️ my ID is bunny_junnie with a Soobin's picture as my pp🥰

By the way, Happy pride month! 🌈🌈 Let's support all the humans who are suffering just bcs they're different!! Love y'all 😘😍