chapter 22 | searching seven

If I received a dollar every time I caught a side eye from each individual in this room, I'd have a down payment for a new car

If I received a dollar every time I caught a side eye from each individual in this room, I'd have a down payment for a new car. The tension is thicker than caked-up castor oil. They attempt to kill me. If Malinda hadn't been there, I would have been done for. I glanced up from my shoes to glance around once more and Wooly did the Forrest Gump wave. By a light of disgust, I rolled my eyes and flowed them to Miska.

She displayed the same detest to me and he communicated with her to control herself. He appears to be a sweet guy, but he is cunning. Miska attitude: you could spot seven truck lengths away. Sigh. My car. I could not forget how Cage was so close, and today I learned about Bora being the Alpha. When was he going to tell me?

What does that mean for us? Did he settle for this? No, not after last night, not after what we shared in the woods. Our fresh connection is something you couldn't leave on the ground. It is different now. I can delve into his innermost self and extract the essence that my soul reflects, completing him. I can't quite explain it. So what am I saying? Of course, he didn't agree.

"How long must we sit around and do nothing?" Carina's lazy elbow is on the table, holding up her head. "Frankly, I am tired of sensing the hellish tension in this room. Get over yourselves. What's done is done, for Christ's sake."

"Evil woman." Wooly ugly eyed her.

"Keep talking and I am going to shove a knife in your gut."

"Feisty wolf lady. I like it." Quinn winked at her. She sighed in annoyance, twisting her body from him.

"What you see her I will never know," Wooly remarked. Carina sprang out of her seat when the front door opened, and we all turned towards it. Bora and his father entered with wary gazes at us.

"Are we getting along?" Bora had a slight smirk as he drove his way to me.

"Of course." Quinn's sly smile made it look like a lie. Nice try, bro.

"Not." Adam finishes, holding his head.

"They attacked your girlfriend," Carina's nonchalant response caught me off guard. I did not think they would speak about it.

"What?" Bora took a step forward toward Miska and Wooly.

I held his chest to catch eye contact. "But we resolved it. It's alright now." He gazed at me and then at the two.

"Did they touch you?" His eyes fell on mine.

"No."

"Okay." He glanced at them one more time, but Wooly gave an innocent smile.

Clearing his throat, Xannon announced, "Bora's strength is back. We should be able to take on the seven and end this calamity."

"How is that possible? We've only been here for twenty-four hours, more or less." Miska argued, dancing her eyes from Xann to Bora. "We kept him for months so he could recover."