Chapter 45 | says the little deer

"Bag'em," Cage instructed his men

"Bag'em," Cage instructed his men. They pulled potato sacks over our heads when we moved further from the city. Riding in the dark felt like I would fall out of the opening to my death. My gut repulsed while the chopper descended. Where are these dip sacks taking me and why blind me? Perhaps so we won't see where their location is? But why? I couldn't tell them from left to right. Unless. Then it delighted me that this is how Bora tracks me. Seeing what I saw, he would track me. That could be the link the witch mentioned. We will be together in every lifetime. That is how he always finds me? Our childhood.

A handcuffed my armpit onto my heels and had me stumbling down iron steps, knocking my feet on hard steel. "Why did you bag us?" I screamed at them out of frustration at wanting to be free. "Free me from this hell hole assholes!" I kicked, anticipating to affect one. My foot hit some cushion with a crevice that came with a groan. My cue! I ran in whatever direction, taking it off my head, but it stuck like something was around my neck. As I reached out to untie it, my fingertips grazed the rough, thick, prickly string. I yanked and pulled, going crazy damn near choking myself trying to get this stupid thing off.

An arm wrapped around my waist, throwing me up as I landed on my stomach, on a hard flexing bone. "Put me down!" I bawled.

"Shut up." Cage held me in the air. This fiend, unhand me! I am vastly uncomfortable. Doesn't he feel the energy that is practically wasting out of me? I mean, read the room brother, you can't force a girl to go with you. I see why the first one ran to Bora's father. He sloppily dropped me to my feet as I bared my weight while poundage bodies swiped me.

"Remove'em." Hands started unraveling my sack, pulling it off my head being plastered by the lush, sweet, piney smell of the earth. My hair fell to a beautiful, idyllic, secluded compound with manicured grass. This would be a perfect picturesque postcard for renewed old-fashioned homes. The dark-featured details complement the sunset.

I turned my lip at him. "You don't deserve this place. This is a home your heart knows nothing about."

"That's why I brought you and her. It's for women similar to you to raise my young."

I nearly regurgitated my words, but I caught them and responded, "Ew."

"You'll learn to love it. Take them to where they will sleep." Six men guided us with a small shove to the home on the right across the gravel. Glancing at each other, we searched and found his goons everywhere on the property. It was more than all the bones I have in my body. The place we entered was indistinguishable from other wealthy cabins. But the deeper we go, it switches into more of the hospital vibes as we decline the stairs towards an elevator. My gut turns the more we continue because now it's looking like my father's laboratory back in Colorado.

The first room to the left had a new area similar to a community college lobby, with coordinated doors everywhere. The outside enclosed patio makes it less claustrophobic. "This is where you will sleep." Pushing us by our backs inside, hearing the lock click.