chapter 42 | debut

I need to beat him to the punch with an explanation

I need to beat him to the punch with an explanation. Of course, my actions have made him pissed, but what I shouldn’t do is disregard all signs he has been showing to express his disapproval. “Bora, I am so sorry. I don’t know what I was thinking. When I did it, I missed you so much and acknowledged how unfair life was, and I felt they robbed me of love.”

He didn’t speak a word yet pulled me into a hug and held me there. A peaceful moment unwound between us, and my mind followed suit, finding solace in the stillness. I inhaled his scent and hugged him tighter. “I would’ve done the same thing.” He admitted, and my eyes brightened, pulling away from him. “To have a piece of you. I wouldn’t have passed on the opportunity. I love you and trust you with my heart, which is why I give my all to you. There is nothing you can do to make me see you any differently.” His last words left his breath, smashing our lips, evoking my body to an unknown high. 

His reaction caught me off guard. I fully expected him to be enraged upon discovering the depths of my capabilities. “We’ve been through so much.” I carped through our kiss, passionate about him with heated tension, flowing through my neck, slipping in my spine. 

He sat me on top of the desk, breathing through his desire, yet withstood himself from progressing any further. “And it will never end unless we get rid of the threat.” His eyes met with mine so I could understand that the life I crave was elsewhere waiting for me. Going home was never the option for now. 

I jumped down as he held on to my hand to meet him, but then backed away as though he didn’t want to hurt me. “I’ve always wanted to build a family with you, but it’s impossible with that monster out there.” He rubbed his chin with expressional disorder. “He wiped out my entire folk. I can’t allow him to wipe out another. It makes me so fucking pissed.” He flew everything off the desk to release his frustrations. 

“We will figure it out.” I squeezed his shoulders with a kiss.  

“I know.” He placed his hands on mine to steal my touch. “I know.” 

We meet the others wandering in a room where my father presents the project. I blocked most of it out, staring at this tiny pink thing in front of me. No way is the glass keeping it alive. I gasped and widened, watching the little manatee shape wiggle. Small beats in my ear moved me to the monitor. “Is that a heartbeat?” 

“Yes.” John was so proud to mention that. 

And some of my senses skipped a beat, catching Bora staring at me as if he had seen a ghost. “What?” My smile grew to torment him. “Had a flash of what family life is? Scared?” 

The airy, relaxed chuckle came with a slick mark on his cheek. “Something like that, but not scared.” His pearly biters heartened me, licking his sharp point.

“Don’t be arrogant.” I pushed him, but he yanked me closer against him. “People are watching.” 

“Yeah. People can see.” My brother stared at him stupidly.