chapter 37 | electrified

"Bora?" His well-being was all I cared about, but his gaze was indifferent

"Bora?" His well-being was all I cared about, but his gaze was indifferent. "Are you okay?"

"Colden. And I am fine. I needed to get my head on straight."

"You mean fight with Bora?" I guessed. "Looks like he's been giving you a run for your money."

"Silence." He read the room. "What's going on here?"

"If you released my son, you wouldn't have to question it." Xannon stepped in.

"He is one of the shadows." Miska answered his question. "We are trying to locate the rest with his help."

"You mean with force?" Que wiped from his eyes to hold back a smile that slightly showed.

"Right, none of this concerns me." Colden flipped over an office chair and sat in it, swaying it from side to side with a jest mannerism that says I am not lifting a finger. "Your mate brought me all this way with the help of his trusted companion, of course." He looked at Wooly. "I figured if I go in the direction he wants, he will quit trying to take over my body."

"His body." I narrowed at him.

"I don't give a damn about your family's ruin. Release me now!" Ike fought out of the chair, but Adam sat him back in his seat. "You really think you stand a chance against us?"

Wooly grinned. "I mean, yeah. It's three of you and nine of us. And these two are humans!" He laughed out loud. "You're outnumbered. You won't be able to scratch the surface."

"That's where you're wrong." His eyes rolled until they were colorless. His gums stretched the sharpened teeth like a sabertooth. A pure demonic expression appears like a bat out of hell, changing the aura around us. The hair spiked through his pinstripe suit as though it was skin. That is what true evil looks like compared to my mate's transformation. Bora is innocent, unlike him. We were frozen. As we all watch him grow, released by Miska's grip as she tumbles over. "You're all going to die here."

He snatched her from the floor and sprinted full speed on our path toward us like a raging bull. "Quinn, watch out!" I warned him, and Adam knocked him out of the way.

"Watch your own ass." Colden doved on top of me away from the line of fire rolling onto the floor. The bullet missed me by a hair ricocheting off the flipped table.

"Miska!" Carina ran after her. Ike burst through the glass doors, shattering it onto the balcony, and climbed towards the roof. "I'm going after her." she leaped through the broken glass doors in mid transformation, heading up top as well.