chapter 32 | bittersweet

A There is a bittersweet feeling of going into the city

A There is a bittersweet feeling of going into the city. For me, it is the food that makes it sweet, for Bora it's the lifestyle that makes him bitter. Nothing but my kind belongs to the streets of Downtown Dallas, yet we are heading there because of them. They're more urban wolves and the opposite of him. He hates the crowds. Sinful behavior is what he stresses because the wilderness is his home, and being taken out of his element must be tiresome for him.

The one thing they may accomplish is driving him insane before killing him. My love, we are far from the snow, and the city lights have hidden our hearts. We made a pit stop as he promised and I found a cheap plastic water gun for fifty scents. The mood between us all has been bland, so worried that we forget to live. I hold it behind my back, approaching Quinn, cool and collected.

He needed fresh air, so he unhooked his bike to get it situated. "Hey!" I shouted to get his attention as he looked, followed by his arm with a water gun in his hand, squirting at me. "What the?" I squirt back at him as we run around the parking lot. "How did you know?" The viscous baby squirts my eye.

"You didn't think I saw you, huh? I saw you pick up that toy."

I dodge it from my face. "Oh, whatever!" I should have known. He is so nosey. That wasn't really satisfying. I wanted to catch him off guard. Fine, I will have to attack someone else.

I looked at Carina. "Don't even think about it." She folded her arms while Malinda giggled.

"You're going to have to do better than that." Adam snickered, elbow Xannon, who hasn't seen. He's been following us in his car. Wooly has been a sore puss. I gazed over at Bora, watching him put gas into the trailer while Miska held a conversation with him. I am sick of her. Just because we are on bad terms doesn't mean she can slide into my position. It is time to break this little facade.

I put the water gun behind my back, approaching him with a little mischievous pep in my step, smirking. Checking back at Wooly to see if he was looking. I can't fight her now, but I can most definitely assert my dominance in a more playful way. He stood at attention to see what I was up to. Good. This may be a little childish, but what the hell? What is he going to do, spank me?

I caught his eye as he knew I was up to something, but I can tell he hasn't figured it out yet. I stopped in front of him while he hooked the pump. "Gemma?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Are you ready to talk?"

"We have nothing to talk-" I squirted his face before he could finish. "About." He finished.

"That is not the answer I am looking for."

"Woman-" I squirt his face a few more times.

"Real mature." Miska fixed her mouth to speak to me. She must not know that there are enough squirts to go around.

So I gave her a taste of this water, making sure it hit her lips. "Sorry, you seem parched." She stepped up to me with anger in her eyes. Did I upset her? He halted her before she got close to me with a stern gaze.

Then he found me. "So serious." I hit a few more petty pumps. He huffed and whipped down his face as I had to laugh this one out. The puffer fish is angry.

"Stop it." He breathed, but I didn't listen, still shooting at him. "Fine, you wanna play."

"Yeah, I-" He snatched me by my waist as I squealed in laughter and he took it out of my hands and attacked my face with aggressive water sprouts. "Okay, I give, I give!" He was catching me in my hair, lips, and eyes, until it pumped out spit shoots.

He dropped it and brought me closer with a brief grin, actually enjoying himself. "You're naughty."

"You are avoidant." He looked at my lips and then my eyes. "You want me?"

"I want-" He brought me closer to his lips as my heart fell to my feet and whispered, "I want this pain to stop." He kicked me back to earth.

"Let me fix it."

He licked his lips, contemplating. "Ride with me." He gave a glimmer of hope.

"Sure."

He let me go and opened the passenger door, waiting for me, as I didn't skip a beat to take a seat. He shut the door while I looked out the window at everyone who seemed to be well pleased that I got him to open up. Maybe it won't be so hard after all.

 Maybe it won't be so hard after all