chapter 38 | truce?

I caught him

I caught him.

I caught his wrist. My bicep blazed through my torso burning my abs. My focus is brighter. It was an electric charge cultivated through my veins. Nothing I have ever felt before. I feel lighter, aware and I am me. I understand why she didn't take over my body. She wanted him to experience a human saving him. Did I figure it out?

"Oh my God! Did you see that?" The excitement in my brother's voice is like I won a championship. But we won't know for sure until he wakes up. It's making me blush. I pulled him up next to my legs as we dangled them off the cliff. I didn't care. I needed a breath. This was too much for my body to handle.

I gave in to pass out as Celestial released my body. "Oh yeah, I'm going to feel that in the morning." It took all of me with her. I sat up but It left me with the feeling of lifting weights I couldn't no longer hold. Face it, I am immobile. I fell back inhaling calm deep breaths for a release. The loud shots snap me into the chaos I forgot. I turn to Bora. "Hey, we gotta get up. "Hey." I did a few taps. "Hey" I slapped him and he popped out of it, raising slowly checking out the scenery.

He scanned his surroundings but his nose traveled to me with a deep concerned gaze. "Gemma?"

A big smile cornered from ear to ear. "Bora!" I leaped with a bit of energy left to hug him but my arms collapsed and I fell to his lap. He caught me and brought me to a squeezable hug.

"I'm so sorry." His lips pecked my temple and pulled me back to see my face. His smile brightened like the sun but eyes left me over my shoulder and spreaded, rolling us over to the left with shock bullets ricocheting off the concrete walls.

His eye shot right into the chaos as I threw my head back to see Xan knocking out the last guy with the weapon. But he kept checking for the threat. "Who's their leader?" He growled every word. "You" He answered himself before I could get a peep out. The Crew stood around, Malinda, Adam, Carina. Miska, and Quinn in a careful attack mode. Xan and Wooly stood off to the side watching Bora. He scooped me up and carried me to a safer spot. "I'll be right back."

I grabbed his hand using his weight to pull me up. "I am coming with you."

"You can't, you can barely walk."

"I can't leave you to fight them alone."

"And I can't allow you to get hurt. That save took all of you! Stay. Let me take care of you now."

He left my side. I slid down against the concrete wall into a deep squat for a rest, studying him to learn. Soon as I get my strength back I can help. He went into view and Ike held up his fist to stop the burning electric beans. "Look at you. All healed up. The way Cage left you I thought you were a goner. But listen. Maybe we can call it a truce."

"A truce?"

"Yeah, since I wasn't the one who actually put my hands on you."

"You didn't know? There is this saying, wolves never forget the ones who crossed them. We hold a grudge forever. You watched. And now I'm going to pick each of you out one by one to get the satisfaction of slathering all of you differently.

He lowered his growl. "I am not scared of you."

My wolf puffed up with a jest smirk of contentment. "It sounds like the bitch came out."