chapter twenty five⚠️⚠️

Tw: description of violence.

After Jake and Sunghoon left, the room felt oddly silent; everything had happened very quickly. Heeseung got ready in the morning, went to the flower shop, came to the office, watched Jake crying, and then they left.

Way too abruptly.

He hadn't had time to comprehend anything, but now that he was standing alone and thinking in peace for the past twenty minutes, he realized one vague thing: Why did Sunghoon lie?

Heeseung might not know much about Jake's life, but he was sure he wasn't mistaken about this. Jake's mother died years ago.

His memories were fresh because... this was the reason why he and Jake got close in the first place.

Jake was deep in depression, and since Heeseung was so interested in Jake, he immediately noticed it. He remembered how Jake told him that he was the only person he was sharing this with.

Heeseung promised Jake that he would keep his secret safe, and that's what he had been doing until now.

Sunghoon probably didn't know this.

Trepidation was now taking over Heeseung's heart. He strode towards his desk and opened his laptop before typing someone's name in the search bar. Sunghoon's Wikipedia page showed up, but only already known facts about his friend were shown.

He then entered another name, and this time, nothing about the person showed up. The internet didn't know about this insignificant personality. Nonetheless, he had one more name to search for: "Jaeyun... Sim Jaeyun, my real name Hee," he immediately typed out the letters.

After scrolling down a bit, something finally piqued his attention. An article about a well-known, two-time state election winner assemblyman, Mr. Hyuk Tae Sim.

As he read the article about a bullying scandal revolving around Mr. Sim's kids, he knew he had found what he was looking for. At the end of the blog were two photos attached of the sons of said politician. Both of them were completely recognizable: Jake was on the left, and on the right was a white-skinned boy with brown-black hair: Park Sunghoon.

The last line of the post said, 'Both the sons of Mr. Hyuk Tae Sim, Sim Jaeyun and his a year older brother Sim Myung-hoon, were taken out of school and are now being sent to another reputable high school.'

Heeseung's hand shut his laptop, and a thud echoed in the room. Heeseung's doe eyes turned fierce, his brows knitting together.

The information was mind-boggling. If the article is true, that means... Sunghoon is Jake's brother.

How come Heeseung never knew about this? This flood of info started awakening every nerve in his brain.

How did Sunghoon know that Jake was here?

Why did none of them ever mention their relationship?

Heeseung was having a very bad feeling about all this.

He took out something from a nearby cabinet and tucked it into his belt before leaving the building in his car.

The jet-black Porsche 911 Carrera sped down the road at a speed between seventy to eighty kilometers per hour. Not surprisingly, he reached Jake's door in a flash. He rang the doorbell before waiting impatiently for two seconds, then he started calling out for Jake until he realized that no one was home. There was no sign of anyone entering, and not a single sound could be heard from inside.