Ch.15

Spencer's P.O.V

After returning home from an unforgettable vacation with my now fiancé, I wanted to tell my family the good news.

I invited my Mom, Dylan, and Coop over to my house and they were all surprised that I called them.

"Hey, Spence. How are you doing? Thanks for inviting us." Dylan said.

"Of course. Glad you all could make it." I responded.

"So, son, you said you wanted to share some good news with us."

"I did."

"So what's the good news?"

"When I was in Paris, I asked Alicia to marry me. And she said yes!"

"What? That's huge! Congratulations, Spence. I'm happy for you." Coop said and hugged me.

"Thanks, Coop."

"So when's the wedding?" Dylan asked me.

"Next month."

"What? Why so soon?" Coop asked.

"Alicia and I don't want to wait, we're committed to each other and I want to spend the rest of my life with her as my wife."

"Is she pregnant, son?"

"What? No, Alicia is not pregnant Mom."

"I'm sorry, but I don't get it. When you were with Liv, y'all knew each other since high school and you didn't ask her to marry you until you guys graduated from college. And with Alicia, you've known her for over a year and now y'all are engaged?"

"Look, Mom. Liv is not Alicia and besides her being the mother of my children, I don't have any feelings for Liv anymore."

"That's bullshit, son."

"Excuse me."

"I heard about what happened at dinner. Billy told me in case you're wondering how I know that. For a man to look all jealous the way you did, you still have feelings for Liv."

"I don't, Mom. And what do you have against Alicia?"

"Son I'm saying this because I love you, but Alicia is not the one for you. I can see it. The interactions you guys have, were not the same when you were married to Liv."

"You're wrong, Mom. I love Alicia and she sees me for me. Let's also not forget she was the one who saved my life that night. If she hadn't come here, I wouldn't be alive right now."

"I haven't forgotten Spencer. And I'm forever grateful to her for helping you when you were at your worst. But Spencer, I think you are making a mistake."

"Wow. I thought we were going to have a great conversation. You always liked Alicia, and I thought you would be happy that I found someone like her, but it's disappointing that you can't see her as my wife."

"Spencer I..." I cut my Mom off.

"Look, Mom. I love you and I always will, but I'm going to marry Alicia whether you like it or not. And don't bother coming to my wedding."

My Mom was in tears when I told her that.

"Okay. It's your life son, but are you going to at least tell Liv?"

"I am. I'm going to call her later on today."

My Mom nodded her head as she and everyone else left my house.
----------------------------------------------------------
Olivia's P.O.V

After everything that had happened with Malakai, he has been calling and texting me nonstop. I don't think I can ever face him again because every time I look into his eyes, it'll only be a reminder of what he did that night at the gas station.