Ch.23

Olivia's P.O.V

This past month has been crazy because when each day goes by, it feels like I'm losing my husband.

The heart monitor may be beeping at a steady pace, but I want Spencer to open his eyes.

"Spencer, if you can hear me, I want you to know how much I love you. All of the mistakes that were made in our marriage, I don't care about it because we both have another chance at happiness, but you have to wake up." I tell him as I hold his hand with tears falling from my eyes.

"It's only a matter of time, Olivia." I turn around and see Ms. Grace walk in.

"I know. But it's just been hard on the girls. You know, them not being able to see their Dad because he's fighting for his life."

"Olivia, sweetheart." Ms. Grace walks up to me holding my hand. "If there's anything I know about my son, it's that he is a fighter and will do anything to make it back to the people that matter to him."

I looked down at my left index finger as I saw the engagement ring Spencer got me when he asked me to marry him.

"You know he showed me the engagement ring and worried that it wouldn't be what you hoped for? He said that he promised you an upgrade after the first time he proposed."

"It never mattered about the ring, Ms. Grace. What mattered is that I got to spend the rest of my life with him and be the mother of his children."

Flashback

Spencer's P.O.V

"It's beautiful, Spencer. I think Liv will love it." My Mom said to me as I showed her the engagement ring. "But please do not get mad at me when I ask you this."

"I won't, Mom." I said to her.

"Are you sure you're ready to be married again? This doesn't feel rushed."

"No. And if I'm being honest with myself, I made a huge mistake of letting Olivia go. I wanted her to be happy and I thought she would be better off without me. But now I know that she is the only one I can't live without. I don't want to make the same mistakes that I did when were married before. I want to be a better person, a better father, be the husband she deserves and fell in love with."

"You don't see me arguing here, Spencer. You seem to have the clarity you need."

"But before I take the next step, it won't be right if I don't get approval from her family."

"Spencer, that's very generous of you, and I can't speak for them, but what I can tell you, is the way you've treated Olivia and the kids, they have no reason to have any doubts about you asking Olivia to marry you."

"Thank you, Mom."

"She's a keeper, Spencer. I always loved Olivia. She was the daughter I never had."

"I'm happy you guys still keep in touch, regardless of what happened in the past."

"Always. I love having her and my grandbabies visit me when they can." I smiled at her. "Just promise, son."

"Anything."

"No matter what happens, continue to be there for you through thick and thin, for better or for worse."

"I promise."

End of Flashback

"Spencer said that to you?"

"He sure did, Olivia. He loves you, so much. Between me and you Liv, you were always going to be known as my daughter regardless of what happened between you and Spencer."

I hugged her as tears fell from my face. "Thank you, Ms. Grace. You were always a second mother to me."

As we embraced each other, Spencer opened his eyes and woke up from his coma.

"Spencer." I walked towards him.

"I'll go get the doctor." Ms. Grace said and left the room.

"Hey. How are you feeling?"

"What happened Liv?"

"You saved me and our baby girls. Alicia and Malakai tried to kill us, but you took a bullet for us."

"I'll do anything to protect my family, Liv." He smiled as I caressed his face.

"That's why I love you, Spencer. You're selfless, and put other peoples' needs before yours. Isn't it about time somebody did that for?"

He shook his head.

"I've got everything I need, Liv. You and our family are my life." I kissed him with passion. "So, what happened with Alicia and Malakai?"

"Terry took care of it."

"How?"

"They were both charged with attempted murder and are behind bars sentenced to 25 years to life in federal prison, without the possibility of early parole."

"Damn, the judge was tough on them."

"Well, Terry was able to find dirt on them and it played a factor that they would be a threat to society, and that was it. No more looking behind our shoulders, baby."

"Speaking of baby, how are the twins?"

"They're fine and should be making their entrance next month."

"I can't wait."

"You had me worried, Spencer. I thought you wouldn't wake up and was afraid you'd miss the birth of the twins."

"Liv, look at me. I wouldn't miss it for the world, no matter what I was going through."

"I love you, Spencer."

"I love you too, Liv."

A few moments later, the doctor cleared Spencer and we made our way back home.
----------------------------------------------------------
Continuation of the last chapter. Spencer finally woke up from his coma and was ok, and Liv was by his side every step of the way. Spelivia has come so far and is ready for the next chapter of their lives. Ms. Grace always has love for Liv no matter where Spelivia stood. Not every relationship/marriage is perfect, but Spelivia has learned from their mistakes and this time will be different. As for Alicia and Malakai, they got their karma and are gone for good this time. No one will bother Spelivia anytime soon. More to come for Spelivia and their future together. Please excuse any mistakes or grammar errors. Let me know your thoughts in the comments section.