Ch.16

Olivia's P.O.V

Once Spencer arrived at the house, I was a little nervous about how he would react because I was afraid he would take his anger out on me for dating a guy who could possibly be a threat to me and my family.

"So what's going on, Liv? Why do you sound like something bad happened?" Spencer asked me.

"It's Malakai." I said.

"What about him?"

"He...he" I couldn't say anything else as my emotions were high.

Spencer came forward and held my hands. "Liv. Look at me. Just say what you need to say."

"Malakai assaulted a man right in front of me and I'm scared of him. I don't know what he is capable of and when I told him it was over, he had that look in his eyes saying that he'll never let me go and almost control again at the restaurant."

Spencer stood there in silence.

"I know you must hate me right now-" Spencer cuts me off.

"Hate you? Liv, listen to me. This is not your fault. You didn't know Malakai has issues. But I'm not going to let him hurt you or your family. And for the record, I could never hate you even if I wanted to." I laughed a little after that remark knowing he was trying to cheer me up. "We can get a restraining order, but we'll need more evidence."

"Okay."

"What's Malakai's last name?"

"Jackson."

"Okay, I'll have Terry look into him and his past; see what comes up. In the meantime, what could help is any recordings from where you saw him assault the guy and when you two were at the restaurant. The more footage the better."

"I can do that. Thank you, Spencer."

"Anytime."

"Oh, forgot to ask you. What did you want to tell me that you couldn't say over the phone?"

"It can wait. This is more important, Liv."

"All right."
----------------------------------------------------------
Spencer's P.O.V

I've been holding off my engagement announcement to Liv these past couple of weeks because she and the kids need me right now.

I don't know much about Malakai, but if he so much threatens Liv or her family, I'm going to make his life a living hell.

With Liv already in her third trimester, she needed to take things slowly to avoid any stress or anything like that. I want her to be confident that this pregnancy will be successful. So my mom and I decided to come by almost every day to check in on her and see if she was ok.

Gianna and Kiara can be a hand at times, but they made sure not to upset their mother.

I was about to head over to Liv's when Alicia stopped me wanting to talk.

"Spencer before you leave I have to ask." Alicia said to me.

"Okay, ask away."

"Have you told Liv about the engagement?"

I looked down and didn't respond.

"Spencer, you have to tell her."

"I know."

"If you're having second thoughts..." I cut her off.

"Alicia, don't even finish that sentence. I love you and still want to marry you as planned. I'm just helping Liv a little more because of her pregnancy, but also, Malakai assaulted another man and showed anger at Liv. She is the mother of my children and I can't let anything happen to her."