15

┌──────┐

'Welcome Home'

└──────┘

No One

As the morning light crept through the curtains of the dormitory room, Aria stirred from her slumber, feeling the warmth of the sun on her face. Her peaceful sleep, however, was abruptly interrupted by the persistent voice of her best friend.

"Aria, wake up!" Pansy's urgent tone cut through the quiet of the room. "We need to start packing our trunks. The train leaves in a few hours, and we can't afford to be late. Merlin knows what our parents would do."

Aria groaned, burying her face deeper into her pillow, not wanting to acknowledge the reality of the situation. The thought of going home for the holidays filled her with a sense of dread, particularly at the prospect of being around her mother again.

"Can't we just skip going home?" Aria mumbled, her voice muffled by the pillow.

Pansy sighed, her patience wearing thin. "You know we can't do that. Besides, it's holiday, Ari. We can't miss out on all the festivities."

Aria reluctantly pushed herself into a sitting position, rubbing her eyes wearily. The idea of spending the holidays at Hogwarts, away from the suffocating atmosphere of her family home, had held a certain appeal. But she knew she couldn't avoid her mother forever.

With a heavy heart, Aria swung her legs out of bed and headed over to the bathroom to go and brush her teeth and fix her hair. 

Once she was done, she reluctantly began to gather her belongings. She could feel the weight of anticipation building in her chest, each step closer to departure bringing her closer to the inevitable confrontation with her mother.

As she stuffed clothes and books into her trunk, Aria couldn't shake the feeling of unease that settled over her. She dreaded the thought of facing her mother's disapproving gaze, of enduring her cutting remarks and stifling expectations.

Letting out a deep huff, Aria finally packed all of her belongings that she would be needed for these few weeks. 

"Quickly get dressed, Draco asked to meet in the common room for something." Pansy said before starting to get dressed.

Furrowing  her eyebrows, Aria turned around and grabbed the outfit she had planned, her and Blaise's mother make it very clear on what they wear when they are home. 

Expensive silks in their signature color, maroon. 

Aria put her maroon silk button up on along with a matching skirt, adding some stockings and black socks. Then, she put her black loafers on and her pearl necklace with her matching earrings.

Aria sighed and fixed her hair neatly as it sat perfectly past her shoulders and down to her mid back, along with a black headband to finish it all up.

Aria turned around to face a totally different Pansy, just like Aria, Pansy had to dress to fit with her family just as much. Pureblood families were strict, but exceptionally strict when it came to their children.

The Parkinson's signature color was navy blue, so, that's exactly what Pansy had on. A navy blue dress with gold accents on it, stockings and black loafers as well. Her hair was neatly brushed and out of the way.

"Ready?" Pansy spoke, Aria nodded and headed towards the door, ignoring the many stares that her and Pansy got when walking out of the girls dormitories.