29

┌──────┐

'First day of tour- training'

└──────┘

###

Aria Zabini

The basement of the Malfoy Manor was cold and dimly lit, casting eerie shadows on the stone walls. I stood alongside Draco, my mind swirling with fear and uncertainty. Voldemort's presence loomed over us, his cruel eyes gleaming with anticipation.

My thoughts were interrupted by a cold whisper in my ear. "You're just a pathetic little witch," Bellatrix hissed, her voice dripping with malice. "Weak and not strong at all."

I clench my fists, refusing to give in to Bellatrix's taunts. I raised my head and locked eyes with Draco, who stood in front of me, his face pale but resolute.

Voldemort emerged from the shadows, his pet snake, Nagini, slithering at his feet. "Tonight," he announced, his voice echoing through the basement, "You will demonstrate your true potential. You will duel, but not with your wands. You will use your special powers."

Aria and Draco exchanged confused glances. Voldemort's gaze bore into Aria as he continued. "Aria, you have the potential to excel at wandless magic. Do not look so surprised. You have already demonstrated it, though perhaps unknowingly."

My mind raced back to the moments when I had inadvertently used wandless magic. I remembered the night I had been with Draco, and the burst of raw power that had surged through me. 

I nodded slowly, beginning to understand.

"And Draco," Voldemort said, turning his attention to the blond wizard, "you possess a rare gift for Legilimency. You can read minds, see into the thoughts of others. It is a powerful weapon."

My eyes snapped right back towards Draco, my eyes widening in shock. 

Draco's talent was Legilimency, and I had never known. I stared at him, trying to process this revelation. Draco met my gaze, his expression a mixture of determination and uncertainty.

He knew.

"You will duel each other," Voldemort commanded. "Show me your abilities. Prove your worth."

My heart pounded in my chest. I had never consciously used wandless magic in a duel before, and the thought of facing Draco, with his newfound ability, filled me with dread. 

I took a deep breath, trying to steady my nerves.

I focused, my resolve hardening. I raised my hands, feeling the familiar hum of magic coursing through my veins. Draco's gaze intensified, and I could almost feel him probing my mind, searching for weaknesses.

"Begin," Voldemort ordered, a sinister smile playing on his lips.

I focused, trying to summon my magic without my wand. I remembered the sensation from before, the raw power that had surged through me. I reached out with my mind, willing the magic to come forth.

A burst of energy shot from my hands, aimed at Draco. He deflected it with a wave of his own hand, his eyes never leaving mine. I felt a twinge of pain in my head as Draco attempted to breach my thoughts. I fought back, pushing him out with a surge of my own willpower.

Draco sent back a bit, but not enough to knock him down, his eyes narrowed, and I braced myself, trying to summon my wandless magic. But before I could react, I felt a sharp intrusion into my mind. Draco's legilimency was like a knife, slicing through my defenses and exposing my deepest fears and insecurities.