19

┌──────┐

'Celestial Ball' pt 1.

└──────┘

###

Aria Zabini

Hours passed as I exchanged letters with Pansy, our conversations flowing freely through parchment. The solitude of my room was broken only by the sound of the quill scratching against paper and the gentle rustling as I sealed each letter. 

I glanced at the clock and realized how much time had slipped away. 

"Shit shit shit." The ball was only a few hours away. 

Rising from my desk, I felt the familiar mix of dread and excitement that always accompanied such events. Though the idea of the ball filled me with apprehension, the process of getting ready was a sanctuary I cherished.

I made my way to the bathroom and turned on the shower, letting the steam fill the room. The hot water cascaded over me, washing away the tension and anxiety. I lingered under the water, allowing myself a few moments of peace before the evening's demands.

Once out of the shower, I wrapped myself in a plush towel and moved to my vanity. I had decided to put my hair in rollers, wanting to wear it straight for the ball. It was a small act of rebellion; my mother preferred my natural curls, but tonight, I wanted to present myself in a way that felt true to my own desires.

I meticulously rolled my damp hair, securing each section with practiced precision. As I worked, I thought about the evening ahead. Despite the constraints, I found a sense of freedom in these quiet moments of preparation. It was my time, my ritual, separate from the expectations and judgments that awaited downstairs.

With my hair set, I go to sit under my hair dryer. It was rarely used but today was the day to use it. 

Once my hair was fully dried, I made my way back to my vanity, I turned to my makeup. I took my time, enjoying the transformation in the mirror. The application of foundation, blush, and eyeshadow was like painting a canvas, each stroke deliberate and calming. I chose a soft, shimmering eyeshadow that made my dark eyes stand out, finishing with a touch of mascara and some lip liner.

Soon, I took out the rollers that sat in my hair, taking all the pins out and letting the straight strands of hair fall all the way past my shoulders and down my back. Making my hair into a side part and adding some jewels into my hair.

I was in awe, my hair was quite long in its natural state but it was even longer when it was straightened. I barely had recognized myself, I looked so much more mature and older.

Finally I snapped out of my thought and I went to my bed, a big black bag sitting neatly on it. I slowly unzipped the bag, revealing a shimmery gold ball gown that I had picked months ago with Pansy. 

I slipped into the dress, the glittery gold off the shoulder dress. The top being a corset and soon it trailed down into a massive glittery poof.

I felt both powerful and beautiful. I fastened a pair of golden earrings and added a delicate necklace, the finishing touches to my ensemble.

Quickly grabbing my golden heels to match the expensive look of my dress, strapping my heels up and quickly sitting back up.

I stood back and admired my reflection, I looked every bit the part of the elegant daughter my mother expected, but there was a fire in my eyes that spoke of my inner strength.