Those who care for you

I tapped on the door to the Hokage's office. I uncomfortably shifted and chewed on my lip as I was lead into the office. Tsunade was leaning against the window staring out it with Saki in her hand. She glanced over to me tiredly.

"Ah Millie, What can I do for you? Want a drink?" She asked and went over to the seat. She slammed a glass down and pour me a cup before I could answer.

I laughed nervously and sat down... I looked at the glass. She frowned and I took it curiously... "I haven't drank before... but...sure." I downed the glass. It burned on the way down and it tasted like regret. I coughed a little and stared at it wide eyed. But then I shrugged and put the glass down, Why not.

Tsunade smiled at me, "Finally... no one ever wants to drink with me!" She said it leaning over the desk ... it was a little messy.

I glanced over the papers unable to really make much out, "This job seems very stressful... " I said it feeling my face burning a bit already... I was bound to be a light weight... "I am sorry people don't hang out... " I said it smiling at her knowingly. "I hang out with kids and Guy all day..."

She poured another glass to me and nodded in understanding, "He sure is annoying but he is a good man... " She hickuped and then actually looked at me for a moment. "H-How are you doing?" She asked it as if she could see through me.

I took the glass and downed it, "Yeah he is a good guy... but damn does he hit hard to deal with sometimes ..." I rubbed my side then sighed... The Saki was getting to me fast... I leaned back and trying to actually relax a little. "I ...I am sad..." I admitted it downing the third glass without even thinking.

She sighed and nodded, "I can get it your man is away... I hope you don't blame me... You just are with one of our strongest." She rolled her hand around and looked at me with a sincere expression.

I shook my head and patted her arm, " Girl, I know. I understand him going... I--I just miss him so much. It is all new to me." Wow this Saki sure made this conversation easier, that is for sure. "Like, I have had so much shit in my life. I don't...know the good..."I was blabbering without control; this substance was strange. I had seen people drinking this, but maybe I had misjudged it. 

She looked at me and sighed, "Ah I see" She paused then continued. "Well sorry Girly. This is a feeling you have to learn on your own. I don't want to ruin it. You will get it eventually." She said beginning to laughing a bit. Then reached over pinching my cheek, "But you are cute... Don't worry, that man is going NO WHERE." She smirked, then laughed like she knew something I didn't know. She suddenly sighed, "Just hold tight to those you care for. Fight for those you believe in." She laid her hand on my shoulder, then laid her head against the table.

"H-How are you doing Tsunade?" I asked laying my head next to hers. " All shit aside... "

She signed, "That old man left such a damn mess behind... I feel like I am swimming in papers and honestly, just burning myself out. I feel like I already need a vacation. " She mumbled it, groaning.

I smirked and patted her head. I liked it; maybe she would. "It is okay. You should take a break, Tsunade, you need it." I said it running my fingers through her hair to comfort her.

"Thanks. Millie... You're a great kid." She said it in a tired voice. "This meant more than you know." She mumbled it.

I felt myself drifting and I went through her pretty hair. We chatted back and forth for a while—small things but important moments—but we both drifted and things became hazy.

+++

"Millie? Hello?"

I jolted up with a gasp and rubbed my numb face. My eyes are squinted at the light coming in through the window. Ugh. Sakura's face came into view. She glanced at Tsunade unsurprised, but then she looked at me a bit more worried. She rubbed my back...