Blood and sweat

I panted, bending over on my knee's. I had been running. Kakashi stood a few feet away, looking at me with an amused look. I rolled my eye's and wiped the sweat from my face. In the last few months, I've lost a bit of weight. My thunder thigh's refused to vanish, but I was feeling a bit stronger. My belly had even gone down a bit. I started running again. Jiraiya often stopped by to "check on me.". We couldn't help but wonder if it was because me plus running meant my chest was like jelly. But he surprised me by not staying to long and asking about me often. He even gave me sound advice on my training.

"Your doing good; keep up the hard work!" Naruto and Sakura cheered me on from their paused practice. 

I was basically put on Team Seven... Tsunade referred to me as a potential teammate. I was to train and go on low-level missions with the team. They seemed happy enough, and Sakura was glad to have another female. 

"You might not have the trained skills, but at least your smarter than Naruto." She commented, glaring at Naruto. She folded her arms and walked away toward the training posts.

Naruto looked mortally wounded and chased after her. I tilted my head... Naruto wasn't smart, but he seemed to have a great heart. I wondered often why everyone treated him weirdly.

I felt the air shift and dove down without thinking. I looked around, shocked. There was a kunai in the tree. I looked at it wide eyes. Sakura and Naruto stood frozen mid-fight... Kakashi grabbed them both, looking annoyed. " What did I tell you about fighting when throwing those things?" He scolded them, and they looked up at him regretfully. He dropped them on the ground and then turned to me, looking worried. "Are you okay?" He walked over, taking it out of the tree, and then gazed down at me. "You dodged that fairly well; I think you have good reflexes." 

I nodded, looking at it wide-eyed. I could have died.

He looked down at it, then held it out to me. "I suppose you can work on throwing these around." He waved me over to Sakura and Naruto. He gave them a stern look.

I took a few breaths before taking the Kunai and walking over to them. I turned it over in my hands and felt the weight in my hands. It had just enough weight to it. It was slick and sharp. I watched the other throw the kunai; both drastically seemed different. I looked up at Kakashi. 

"As you can see, there is more than one way, and you'll figure your grove out. But for now... " He moved closer than the other two and then took out a kunai, throwing it. It hit right in the center. "You will start with the basics." He waved me over more.

I slowly walked over and stood where he had. I was nervous. I hadn't ever honestly held a weapon before... 

He chuckled, " You look terrified...Relax, Sweetheart." He whispered it to me and patted my head. "Your going to hurt the tree more then the kunai can hurt you." He said it, then stood next to me and said, "The first thing you need to master is getting the right distance. You should keep a good stance at the right distance and you have to learn how hard to throw and at what angle." He told me calmly and threw it again. He was exaggerating the movements for me. 

I swallowed, taking in his body, and tried to keep my brain running as I listened to him. I was attempting to ignore how attractive he was without becoming sidetracked and to get past the terrifying sensation of brandishing a weapon. Did he really think that I could fare better than a tree if this hit me? He tapped his chin, looking down at me. I bit my lip... "I am just nervous. I never held a weapon before." I admitted it and blushed as they all looked a little shocked.

"Really?" Sakura asked, looking a bit worried. 

Naruto smiled and gave me a thumbs up, "It can be fun! Once you are used to it!"