Words hold power

I watched from the door as Sakura really showed how far she had come in her studies. Kakashi walked out, looking down at me. I slid to the ground and was rubbing my ankle.

"Your hurt, aren't you? You pushed it to far." He said it, crouching down. He tried to grab at my leg to take a look.

I sighed and got up, turning away from him. I folded my arms; this wasn't about us right now. "Since I am here only as a low-ranking ninja, I'm going to help where I can." I said it and then went off to find the person in charge here.

"Millie..."Kakashi grabbed me by the waist, tossing me over his shoulder. "We are going to the room they set up! " He said it sternly.

I started to kick around but blushed as someone stared at us. He moved fast, and then I was tossed into the bed, and Kakashi folded his arms, glaring down at me and saying, "Enough with this childish act." His eyes narrowed down at me. Just as much fatigue on his face as on mine.

Initially, I was shocked as I looked up at him, but then my hidden temper came out, and I jumped up, pointing directly into his face. I had to stand on the bed in order to match his height, but even so, he was slightly taller. The beds seemed pretty low...I looked down at it and became sidetracked. I snapped back to being mad. I pointed into his chest and said, "I am not being childish! You are treating me like I am made of paper! Have a little faith, will you?" I snapped in anger, but it faded fast. "How can I get stronger if you don't even believe in me?!" I questioned him as the painful realization came over me. That was why I was so upset...

He looked shocked at my outburst, then his expression shifted to almost shame, "I see..." He said it, rubbing his face. "I was being selfish." He said it in a low voice.

I looked at him, surprised. "S-selfish?" I asked it confused.

He turned to face me, and I noticed how unusual it felt to be directly in front of him, nearly the same height. "I didn't have the nerve to actually ask you—to tell you." He said it, reaching out and touching my face.

I just stared at him, shocked, waiting for him to explain.

"Is it really that hard to figure out? Hmmm, I was being selfish after all?" He spoke almost as if it were funny, but it was clear he was upset. "I don't want you to be a ninja, Millie." He said it in a low voice.

The room fell silent, and my stomach sank along with my heart. He didn't want me to be a ninja. I felt my hands drop to my sides as all the rage left my body. I was replaced with—with hurt. Was I so weak that he had no belief in me? At all?...I was. He would never see me as an equal. The lump in my throat felt like hot coal. My lip shook as my eye burned. I fought to keep from crying, but still, the tears pooled in my eyes, but didn't fall yet.

He wore an uneasy expression now. Was he so shocked that his disappointment would hurt so badly? I slowly turn, stepping off the bed and landing on my feet. He was right. I wasn't built for this.

"Honey?" He tried to speak.

The door burst open, and a sand ninja looked around, alarmed. "She is removing the poison! The leader would like to speak to you about the plan moving forward?" He finally seemed to realize he interrupted something and looked between us awkwardly. "Uh, I will let him know you will be with him in a moment..."He said it, slowly leaving and closing the door.

The air had grown cool but was still tense. "Go do your job, Kakashi. You made your point." I said it weakly.

He looked between the door and me, torn. "Millie, you misunderstood me...Look-"

I turned to him and said, "Just go. They need you... I'll just learn the area." I said it, tossing my bag onto the bed, and walked out of the room. He tried to grab my arm, but I dodged. I ran down the hall, away from him, to the outside. It was just an excuse to get away.