Silly things

For a few week's Kakashi was in the village but busy and so was I! Some how I was being dragged all around the village to help here and there... Cleaning, babysitting, running errands, deliveries. I was tired everyday and so was Kakashi. Each day I woke up he was already gone and when I got home he still wasn't home, it took hours before he would return. I felt bad and tried to make food... it wasn't bad but it wasn't his cooking.

I ended up reading the history of the Uchiha clan book and a few others. I felt a little more in the loop about event while it made me feel more connected to the world... it also made me feel like I really wasn't from here. I was looking at the books on his shelf trying to decide which one to tackle next... some of the words I needed help with but he was always willing to teach me new words. Some times I felt bad if he was tired but he always seemed to figure out I wanted to ask him. He said it was something in my eyes and the way I always kept shifting my gaze.

I looked at the titles of the books on the top shelf... I might need a chair for those... I spotted a book that had peaked interest. One about chakra! Kakashi had said that people of this world had it. So naturally I was curious. I stretched trying to reach the book, damn not even close...

I was about the turn and grab a chair went a hand reached above my head. "It was this one right?" Kakashi asked it tiredly grabbing the Chakra book.

I covered my mouth to muffle my own scream and my heart tried to jump out of my chest. I leaned forward against the shelf taking deep breaths. "Oh my god..."I rasped it...

He chuckled and held the book out for me with a tired smile. I huffed and looking up at him a bit startled still but smiled up at him trying to get my heart to calm down. "T-Thanks..." I stuttered out as I took the book with shaken hands.

He made a amused, sorry face, "I scared you that bad?" He reached out stroking my cheek. "I'm sorry, Love." He said it meaningfully but so tired.

I frown putting the book on the table next to the shelf for later. "Are you okay? you don't look so good Kakashi..." I said it worried. I looked him over frantically. As I touched his arm I gasped yanking my hand back. He looked down at his arm curiously. I grabbed him pulling him toward the bathroom. "Take a shower!" I ordered him and shoved him into the bathroom.

He chuckled, "Oh?"

I nodded and then rushed to the laundry room to grab him a clean towel from the dryer. I placed it in his hands and then hopped onto the tub ledge to feel his forehead. "Your burning up Kakashi!" I said it to him in disbelief.

He stared at me now at nearly his eye level from standing on the tub. He was fighting a laugh as his eyes slid down to my feet balanced on the edge. "You might get hurt, Millie." He wrapped a arm around my waist and easily placed me on the ground. He sighed starting to strip, "Better run little devil..." He said it tiredly as he started to unbutton his pants.

I went wide eyed and stumbled backwards finally taking in his bare top half. "I-I... " I just slammed the door and headed into the bedroom. I cleaned up the bedroom a little and then got some tea going along with some of the dinner. I placed his plate down just as he walked out of the bathroom.

He looked very tired and had a slight red going across his cheeks. It was the evidence of his fever. He sat down and smiled a little as I hovered around him nervously. He ate his food watching me as he took bites. Despite him looking like he would pass out at any second he seemed pretty happy.

"How long have you felt sick?" I asked him suddenly.

He tilted his head thinking, "Not long... Am I in trouble?" He asked it amused as he took another bite.

I frowned and pouted a little, "You pushed yourself to hard! Ya big trouble!" I said it to him sternly.

He closed his eyes huffing out a little laugh. As soon as he was finished I took his plate and let him took the final gulp of his tea. I grabbed his hand and pulled, but he just sat there watching my socks slide on the floor with him not moving at all.