The calm

I walked behind Kakashi through the forest, hating the idea of running into anyone before getting home. I felt so... different with him. With Gabe, it had always been no choice, painful and unwanted. But with him, I felt like I had given him my soul; I felt so exposed now, and it felt so much heavier. But there was peace as well; finally we had crossed that bridge. Finally, I knew what bliss he could give me in that way.

I yelled as a branch Kakashi had pushed past and whipped back by accident, smacking my bare leg, making a painful whipping noise. He stopped in front of me, turning and looking back at me in alarm. His eye's instantly going to my bare legs. 

He reached out, taking my wrist and pulling me forward slightly before sweeping me up into his arms. I held onto him for a moment in shock before I relaxed slightly. He made sure to pin my dress up between his arm and my legs so I couldn't flash anyone. He looked down at me for a moment, looking at my face. His expression was gentle, and his eyes seemed to soften as he stared. "Are you feeling alright? You look a little pale." His voice was soft. 

I blushed and stared up at him, feeling like I was reborn in some sort of way. It seemed so dramatic, but it meant so much to be with him. I nodded, reaching up and cupping his bare cheek. "I feel just bare, as if I were stripped down to just my soul. I wonder if you feel the same weight from this that I do. How long I had wanted this, but... was so scared. You—Kakashi, I wonder if you realize how much I love you." My voice cracked as the tears fell freely. 

I was shocked as tears fell from his own eyes, pulling me closer to his body and hugging me. His face buried into my neck as he did it. "It might seem like I acted on impulse, but I know the gravity of everything, Millie. I want only you; I will fight and die for you. You are my everything." He sobbed it against my skin. "I have never and will never feel this for anyone else in my life." 

I ran my hands through his hair and hugged him too. He pulled away, kissing me gently again, and held me tight as if to never let me go again, as if someone might come and steal me. 

He was racing through the bushes after a moment longer. "I will marry you as soon as I am able, regardless of anything and everything going on." His voice was stern suddenly, as if he were set. "It isn't just us making love either, before those dark thoughts mess with you. I have let it go for too long; there will never be a true moment of peace."

Kakashi shot past people so fast, my dress was rippling in the wind and he startled many people in the process. We stood in the kitchen before my brain could really even process it. He placed me on my feet but didn't let me go. He stared down at me with worry in his eyes. I hadn't seen that look in his eyes since before, when we had been in the sand village. 

Furrowing my brows, taking his hand. "Your looking at me like that again." I whispered. I let a breath out, feeling like I really needed a shower. "Someday you will get your wish, but for now. I can't sit off to the side." I felt my thighs sticking together. 

He looked defeated, hanging his head. "I'm losing my touch; you read me so easy now." He patted my head. "I understand; I just don't like seeing you hurt. Plus, I have to admit, you look so cute when you dress like this." He gestured to my outfit. Rubbing his chin, he leaned forward, touching the edge of it where it was torn. "I'll have to buy you another one, maybe even two." He smiled down at me.

I blushed, taking a breath and stepping back; I laughed. "I like dressing like this as well." I smiled at him, heading toward the bathroom. "I'm going to shower... I feel sticky." I said it blushing. 

A lustful look flashed through his eyes; he leaned forward, kissing me on the cheek. "Do you now?" His voice was husky. 

I stumbled away from him wide-eyed, and he straightened up, giving me a closed-eye smile. "Awe, don't worry, I may want you again and again." He trailed off, his head shifting to the side as if he were imagining something. "Let's just say I'll carry our moment forever if I have to." He reached out, taking my chin, lifting it to look at him. "I wouldn't ever hurt you." He said it sweetly before releasing my chin and going over to the counter. "I'll start on dinner, or would you like to eat out?" He asked, looking back at me.