Fathers

After tracing another scroll of seals, I let out a yawn. I had been given permission to do it with a few but not all. I was so close to figuring this out, but also I had realized through my studies that my seal on my kunai was very off and fixed it, hoping that I would be able to use it more and I was right. 

I leaned back in my chair, stretching, and then gasped as it toppled backwards. Lucky I grabbed a shelf and managed to stop myself. The only thing that happened was that a small box of books fell from the shelf and onto the floor. I regained my balance and then got up to grab the books off the floor.

I crouched down, picking them up but stopped to look at what they even had been. As I flipped through the book, I was met by many faces. Huh, what is this? I squinted, trying to read some of the smudged texts. I shrugged about to just move on as I toss it in the box when I froze looking at the last book on the floor. It was open facing up. 

The face that stared back was like one I knew well. I reached down, grabbing it to get a better look. I read the text that was beside the image.

"Sakumo Hatake, the white fang of the hidden leaf."

I paled a little at the realization that this must be Kakashi's family. Maybe his father? God, he looked so much like him! Although this man seemed to have a softer expression than Kakashi. I ran my thumb over the image and looked around, taking the page from the book and putting it back. I shoved it into my pocket and decided to look into it more later. The other pages in the book seemed to be nearly ruined anyway. It was as if it were fate that the only page in the book that was okay was that one. 

"Michi?!" I heard Naruto's loud as hell voice come from the front of the building. 

I sighed and laughed a little. I popped out of the row I was in, looking down the row to him. He was waving at me anxiously. I caved, glancing back at my drying scrolls. I walked to the front to him and the shinobi, who was glaring at Naruto loudly; he liked the quiet.

"Naruto, what's up?" I asked him as I guided him to the front of the building. 

He looked torn but as soon as we stepped out of the building, he was talking. "I am joining a team to go help Kakashi and his team!" He burst.

I stared at him wide-eyed. "Your leaving now?"

He nodded. "I want you to come as well! I'll make her-"

"Make me do what?" Tsunade's voice came from around the corner and sure enough, she and Shizune rounded the corner. She glared at Naruto, who paled in horror. She rolled her eyes and looked at me. "I was coming to discuss it with her, actually." She snapped at Naruto, who was now as silent as the dead.

I raised a brow but was amused. "Will I be joining the team?" I asked it curiously. 

"No, you will be joining the last wave I plan to send. I needed you to do something else for me first." She said it but then paused, looking at Naruto. "Your team should be waiting for you, why don't you go focus on them before you get yourself into more trouble." She ordered him sharply.

He groaned but then took off running, looked back at me and gave me a thumbs up. I just smirked after him and then turned fully to Tsunade. "What do you need, Lady Hokage?" I asked her a bit surprised; she was not only letting me go but also needing a favor of me. 

She held a scroll out to me. "I need you to deliver this to Jiraiya I usually have specific times when I can get letters or respond to them because he is always moving around. Normally I would have to wait for Kakashi. But as a test of your skills, I need you to track Jiraiya down and deliver it. I can't promise you will find him in the most honorable situation, though." She explained the details quickly. "After you deliver that, you are to immediately meet with the collecting teams with Kakashi, Shizune and Yamato." She folded her arms, looking at me seriously for a moment.