He is always right

The next week was a bit of a blur and dramatic. The news of my existence had set the village in a bit of a shock, and the plan was that no one would notice that I was Millie. Apparently, I had made more of an impression than anyone realized. People seemed to understand that I was in a weird spot. While the plan hadn't gone exactly as we wanted, but I was officially Michi, hell, the whole village understood that Millie was no more and that I couldn't go by that anymore. 

The knowledge of my origins was less known that we realized. Dr.Ai was the only one outside of the group who knew, and he was sworn to secrecy. He was filled in on all the details to avoid overlapping things. He found it fascinating but didn't say anything other than that. Everyone had been so uninformed when I arrived; the confusion proved a bit of coverage. 

Many of the older people had accepted it surprisingly well. They seemed happy to have just seen that Tsunade had a linage. The Senju name carried on. They took to noticing I was already engaged, which I learned was what it meant to be promised marriage. They seemed conflicted to find it was Kakashi, but I didn't care, and neither did Tsunade. I found it interesting to find that, at one time, planned matching was a thing and that there were 'higher ranking' families. 

The things they said started to go in one ear and out the other. Commenting about how I was born from two powerful shinobi. Saying something about Jiraiya being a ladies man. I stopped caring after that. Even though I was aware of their shortcomings, I could still say that I was glad to have them.

I stayed safely away from the faked death incident to prevent anyone from noticing me at the scene. I was safely kept in hiding for the whole week, much to my dread, but I was safe. Kakashi told me that it went perfect and that while Gabe believed it, he was outraged. After wrecking the hideout, he left, going farther west, before they lost track of the group. They sent word to be on the lookout for the group in other villages to the west.

I was finally allowed to return to training and my daily life. We stayed at the place in town for now, just to be safe. And for now, I seemed to be safe. So Tsunade focused on the other million problems starting to form in the village. But by the end of the week, my eyes had naturally gotten dark on their own, and I was glad to never have to bother with the contacts again. 

I was also getting used to my hair far faster than I thought I would. I felt like a new person; it was refreshing. The one thing I couldn't get used to was that people had given me the title "The Sage Princess." It was really weird, but I was glad that most just called me Michi.

I practically skipped to the training ground, feeling ready to battle the whole forest. It was the first day of being able to get back to training. Sai trailed behind me with a sigh. Kakashi and Yamato had been busy getting back to training Naruto. He was nearly recovered from his injuries and was very curious about the bonds between all of the teammates.

"He trains very hard." Sai commented as we approached the area where Kakashi, Yamato, and Naruto were training. "Do you plan to train as he does."

I pumped my fist. "I sure do! I had so much to catch up on. I still need to get the hand signs down and get better at the basics. That with the perfecting of my special attacks." I tried to keep my excitement up, but as I listed everything, it started to feel a bit overwhelming.

Sai tilted his head and looked at the others, who were busy. He looked down at the book in his hands, reading a little. "Friends help each other out. So I should help you train to get better? This would make you happy and view me in a fonder way?" He nearly recited it.

I laughed nervously. I glanced at the book, unsure. Well, at least he was trying, right? I shrugged, patting his shoulder. "I would love the help; you have a lot of practice with this stuff being trained in the underground. But are you a good teacher?" I questioned.