Love potion

I stared at my staff as I spun it around and around. I was training, and it was early since I was having trouble sleeping. I couldn't stop thinking about everything. My life here... things that had happened and changed. Also, the fact that today was Kakashi's birthday weighed heavily on my mind. 

I never thought I would be here, and of course I am happy here. I am very happy. I frowned. I felt so many things, though. Thing's I couldn't name. It was annoying. Perhaps... I really would have to just ask Kakashi one day. Tsunade seemed hell bent on me figuring it out alone. 

I'm focused more on Kakashi now. What to get him and what to do.

I had gotten to know him better, but there was still a lot I wanted to learn. I felt something behind me and turn around. I smacked Kakashi in the head with the staff. I dropped it and went wide-eyed. "Ah!" I yelled frantically.

He just smiled. "Well, you are getting better at picking up presence, at least." 

I looked up at him, sorry...I hit him, and on his birthday, I wanted to die. I hugged him and asked, "Are you okay?" I asked, worried.

He looked amused but he didn't say much. "Yes..."

I furrowed my brows, then it dawned on me, "Oh, it didn't hurt you at all?" I asked it.

He patted my head, "I am fine. Now what are you doing out here, spacing out?" He asked it always too knowingly.

I half ignored his question, "Do you like sweets at all, Kakashi?" I asked, leaning forward against the bo staff as he plopped onto the ground. 

He tilted his head, probably curious of my sudden question. But he answered, "Not really, or fried stuff. The sweetest thing I want in my life is you." He said it charmingly.

I blushed and sank to my knee, sitting in front of him. "How tall are you?" I quickly moved on.

He looked amused and realized he was being interrogated. "I am 181 cm, ma'am, and before you ask, I am roughly 65 kg." He answered and leaned forward in a lax way. He waited for my next question.

I blinked in awe. "You are nearly 30 cm taller than me." He chuckled and then waited again. "Your favorite foods are miso soup and eggplant? Is there anything else that is your favorite?" I asked him.

"I also like to bake saury ... and what about you?" He shot back.

Well, I guess it is fair. "I love sweets—too much, really." I patted my thighs as evidence. "And food. This is different here. Here, I like the miso soup and that egg dish you made only a few times. What is it called?" I asked softly, leaning on my hand.

" Ahh, Tamagoyaki... You liked that? I will have to make it more often then." He said it with a nod. He tilted his head, looking thoughtful, like he liked this thing I was doing. 

I smiled excitedly. "But back home...We had a dish called dlino. It is made from a fish on my planet. It was my favorite. It is made with a sweet sauce. I don't think you would like it in the sauce, but I know some people make it in a smoky sauce." I trailed on but mentally yanked myself back to the present topic. "What about drinks?" I moved on.

He thought for a moment, tapping his chin. "I enjoy tea's... and secretly..."He leaned in and whispered. "A nice wine now and then." He gave me a closed-eye smile. "And you?"

I smiled back at him; he was so cute. He liked wine, hmmm. He didn't drink much. At least from what I had seen, the alcohol here still confused me. "I like coffee. Since coming here, tea has grown on me. We didn't have it back home. I never drank wine before, though. I drank with Tsunade once," I admitted. I did feel a little embarrassed by that, for some reason.