What a mess!

"Thanks. You really didn't have to!" I was surprised by their generosity. The men of the temple had let me stay the night, but now they even made me breakfast. They really are kind people. I took a seat at one of the long tables in what seemed to be their eating areas. Most people gave me a simple greeting but didn't carry on with me. Polite but distant. 

I took a spoonful of the rice and then the fish. It was good—simple but so good. I heard shouting and people started to run into the mess hall. I swallowed the food in my mouth and got to my feet, worried. 

"Get out, run for your life!" One man screamed just before a spray of blood went across the tables from the entrance. 

It took everything in me not to scream. I shot back into the shadows of the room, taking the closest two people near me. I covered their mouths and shh'd them as the man who cut the other down entered the room. 

What the hell, What the hell. My heart was in my throat as I and the other two desperately tried to remain silent. Despite the fact that I knew I had ten times better odds of surviving on my own, I could not bear to let them perish. The chakra rolling off this person was nearly lethal. I could almost smell the death on him. He swung his weird scythe-like weapon around, killing many people at once. He was distracted and hadn't noticed us. 

Why can't things ever just be nice? Why when I am here? Nearly everyone in the building was dead, and this man was laughing like a maniac. I was running out of time. I knew that much. I looked at the door, which was just a few feet away. I glanced at the two men, who seemed to be clinging to me in horror. I gestured silently to the door, and they nodded. 

I reached the door first, and as silently as possible, without even breathing, I opened the door just enough for us to slip out. Their eyes met mine, and I pointed at my headband, trying to get them to understand: to run for the leaf village. Realization shone in their eyes, and they nodded. 

I felt bad; I could theoretically get out of here without having to worry about dying. I had just enough chakra to make it. I wonder if I can take people with me? I couldn't risk it, right? I literally sentence them to death if I go and they do not accompany me. I waved them forward, watching the tall, slender man with what looked to be light purple hair? His Black robe fanning out as he spun around. I realized his robe had red clouds on it. 

Oh my god, he is with the Akasaki? I gripped the door knob and my eyes shot to the guys crawling across the floor toward the door. One of them bumped a plant, making it fall over. The sound wasn't that loud, but it happened the moment silence fell over the room. I felt the man's chakra moving before I could even turn my head to look. I had my metal shield just in time for his triple-bladed scythe to come flying forward. It slammed into me and the shield, but I didn't budge. 

His face finally came into view. He was an ugly guy, but he had a crazy look in his eyes and an amused expression, like he had just killed all these men. The building shook around us, and the pillars cracked behind him. He turned his head toward the entrance, looking annoyed. I focused on this man; mentally, I was remembering this chakra. If I made it out alive, I would need to remember all the details. 

He was strong, but how strong? The way his chakra was, it reminded me of death. He had killed many, many people. I didn't think I could beat this man, no. Kakashi came to mind. I should run. 

"Goddamn it, I'm busy in here, and your disturbing the freaking building!" He shouted, sounding angry. 

He was distracted; this was my one chance. Its now or never! I dove for the other two men. "If this doesn't work, run like hell." I whispered it as I mentally reached out for the leaf. Please let this work...