No way

I was disappointed when Kakashi had to leave me home alone a few times, but I guess at those times it was good to practice my independence. Time was flying by as I was here. Kakashi suggested an idea to the lab about the device... I was hoping we would be able to talk like before, but he said it was late. But today I was going to pick up the device. But also, Kakashi was returning...

I had really grown used to him. I was convinced he was a good person, but I really wanted to get to know him more. He made me so flustered. I swear he was flirting with me sometimes, but he couldn't like someone like me.

I froze outside the door of the lab. Wait, oh no. I just realized... I blushed and covered my face.

"Millie?" The old man opened the door, looking down at me. He waved at me, a bit excited.

I smiled with my face still red. "Hi." I said it nervously.

He pulled me along. He knew not to bother me when speaking to me if I couldn't understand. He was a little more rough with getting his points across, but at least he was very straightforward. He tapped my head and made a motion to put it up.

I nodded and pulled it into a ponytail. I jumped a bit as he shoved something into my ear—it was like a headphone? Then he handed me a small device and switched it on. It buzzed low in my ear as it powered on. What was this?

"Let us test it now! Do you hear me?" He spoke, and while in one ear I heard him speak in his normal language, in my other ear I heard him speak in my language.

I gasped and looked up at him, shocked. "Ah! It works!" I said, excited.

He smiled but did a 50\50 sign with his hand. "I don't know what you said. That is the part you will have to work on still. But I was able to make it to where you can understand us! Well, I did make a tablet for you. Instead of the notebook and board you carry, you can still talk with the tablet; it will translate when you type in our language." He handed me a rectangle tablet.

Oh, I had something like this before. How did he do this? I typed it into the tablet: "How are you able to make these?"

He nodded. "It is thanks to you, of course, that I was able to copy things from your device." He went over to a machine where my phone was plugged in. He gestured to it, "It is so advanced; of course there are things I have to still learn, but I was able to make these things for you. I hope that makes up a little for taking your device." He said it, giving me a sorry look.

I nodded. I looked down, typing. "What is your name? I am sorry I wasn't able to ask sooner."

He smiled and said, "Dr. Ai." He said it, then handed me a bag. "There are the charging cables; just remember to charge them. If anything happens, let me know."

I nearly skipped from the lab. I put the tablet carefully into my bag and then let my hair down. I put the device in my pocket and then smiled. Kakashi would be happy! I stopped for a second. Hmm, I could be a little sneaky. I looked down, seeing that the device was pretty hidden.

I walked around for a while, listening to the people talk and carry on. This lifted my heart. I was so relieved... I'm finally a little more at peace, being able to hear the people talking and understand them.

"Isn't that the girl that is living with Hatake?" A female said it surprised.

"Yeah, she hardly comes outside. It shows shows from her body," another female said sourly.

They laughed. "I heard she doesn't even speak our language. Why does he put up with a fatty like her?"

"Oh, you're just mad because she is the first person he has even shown interest in." The other girl said it laughing.