Lets face it

I was grateful for Kakashi respecting me so much. I was surprised at how nice it felt to just continue on with him like normal. Being in his company was actually incredibly soothing to me. I never met someone who didn't drain my battery, but with him, there was peace.

Funny enough for us not knowing each other's language too well... He was the first person in my life who seemed to be able to understand me. He didn't judge me for liking dark clothes or wearing heavy eyeliner; he seemed to actually like it. It was kind of blowing my mind. He even got me new eyeliner, which made me laugh.

After he 'admit' his intentions, I couldn't help but think about them. I found myself gazing at him... in wonder. I wanted to get to know him as well. I also... wanted to see his face, not that it was going to change much. I already knew I would like his face. He has a great mind and personality.

I decided that I was going to be brave.

I spent a week trying to catch him maskless—no real effort, though. I just tried to catch him while he ate or after a shower, but he always had that mask on. He wasn't sure what I was doing, but he found it amusing at least. I mean, who showers with a mask on? Did he really shower with it on? and sleeping with it on?

I looked at him lying on the couch. It was late; he was laying there watching his normal show before bed. I gazed at him. He was in a plain tank top and sweats. I was really looking at him. My heart fluttered and I just drank him in. He was water to a thirsting person, that was for sure.

I watched as his eyes finally slid closed. Yes. Go to sleep. I had to bite my own tongue to keep from snickering. I liked Kakashi in this relaxed state—the way his hair was relaxed with his headband off. His arms, resting behind his head, perfectly. I plugged in my tablet so I wouldn't forget to later, and I pulled the translator off the charger, popping it into my ear just in case.

I glanced at him, seeing he had not moved... I started to fidget. Maybe I shouldn't. But still, my feet carried me over to him, and I stood over him. I reached out slowly at first, my hand shaking until I froze, then shot my hand forward in a moment of bravery.

Suddenly, I was no longer standing... I gasped as I was laid out on the floor—not painfully, but enough to knock the air out of me. I blinked a few times, my fingers still on Kakashi's mask. His face came into focus, and my head spun. Maybe I had hit it.

My mouth fell open. As the pain in my head increased, so did the dark edges in my vision.

"Millie?!" He looked down at me, shocked.

I must have startled him. I hadn't thought of that...

+++

I sat up as soon as I was mentally back. I gasped, then my head spun, and I groaned. Kakashi was pushing me back down, looking down at me, sorry. "Jdfhks kdjns..." He said it in a hurt voice; his mask was back up.

My hand went to my ear. Ah, it was out. I put it back in my ear. I looked at him sorry as well. "I am sorry. I just wanted to see your face. "I said it, laughing shyly.

He tilted his head and said, "Could you repeat that? actually..." He got over, grabbed the tablet, and handed it to me.

I sighed and typed, "I am sorry I wanted to see your face; I shouldn't have invaded your privacy." I showed it to him, feeling bad.

He read it, then shook his head and said, "Are you alright? I got defensive in my sleep...I promise, I don't normally do that." He said it, looking worried. Then he oh'd and pulled his mask off.

I felt almost shell-shocked. I blushed, then took a breath. "You are too handsome for your own good." I said it slowly.

He frowned and tapped the screen. "What?"'