01 | The Beginning

"Uriah let's go, you got practice in 45 minutes so why are you still on that damn game?" Messiah wondered sticking his head inside Uriah's room

"My bad, stop nagging I'm coming." He responded by cutting the game off and throwing the controller onto the bed.

"I wouldn't have to nag if you didn't fuck up that car but you did so now you're on my time, bring ya ass," Messiah spoke knocking on Zakani's door.

"You still on that? That was forever ago Siah." He smacked his lips grabbing his gear bag from the hall closet.

"Nigga that was three months ago. Zakani!" Messiah opened the door seeing Zakani sitting on the bed with her headphones on.

"If you riding with me then you better come on fats," Messiah said after he grabbed her attention.

She just nodded in response, he sighed walking out of her room and going down the stairs seeing Naiari asleep on the couch. Walking over to her, he held her nose closed.

"Bitch! I could've died! Why would you do that Messiah?" She yelled sitting up on the couch.

"It's almost nine. Why you ain't at work Nai?" Messiah questioned ducking as she swung on him.

"Why didn't you wake me up? I swear you ain't shit!" Naiari jumped up off the couch running up the stairs, yelling once she heard Messiah's laughter.

The past eleven years have been a whirlwind for Messiah.

He felt like a single father. Ever since the day he walked out of his mother's house, it felt like his siblings stayed with him. Every house or apartment he's ever lived in over the years, they shared.

They lived with their Aunt Rose for three years. During that time he was able to get his educational life back on track, if it wasn't for his aunt he wouldn't have gotten a chance to graduate.

When he turned eighteen he gained custody of his siblings, his mother didn't even put up a fight when it came to signing over her rights. It would be ridiculous if she did.