27 | Get Right

Messiah let out a sigh of relief as he sat back in his chair

Messiah let out a sigh of relief as he sat back in his chair. The caseload he'd taken on since being back at the law firm was ridiculous.

On top of that, he volunteered to find a custody lawyer for Blaizen. He got that out of the way yesterday and today Blaizen and the lawyer were meeting.

Messiah's mind had been all over the place about the entire situation, over the time he'd had with Emerlyn he loved her like she was his own.

The thought of Blaizen's past interfering with the present in terms of obtaining custody of her stressed him out. He knew it had nothing to do with him, but he still cared about Blaizen and Emerlyn. He was a great father and it would crush him if this didn't work out.

"Messiah! I was hoping you were still here, did you get a chance to check out the Ladozza case?" Tucker snapped him from his thoughts once he entered his office.

"Um briefly." He chuckled. "I been going over these other cases of mine. Am I needed there or something?"

"No, I just could use your opinion on it. Take your time, are you alright? You look stressed."

Messiah laughed. "You see all these folders?" He gestured to the multiple file folders on his desk. "Of course, I'm stressed."

"My apologies, take a break. No amount of paperwork is worth having a mental breakdown over." Tucker smiled warmly before walking out of the door and closing it behind him.

A smile spread across his face as he received a FaceTime call from Blaizen.

phone conversation

Blaizen chuckled when Messiah's face appeared in the camera. "I knew it, look at you. Stressed the fuck out." He shook his head.

"Shut the hell up, how'd the meeting go?" Messiah sighed and propped his phone up.

"She said I have a great chance of winning, it's just that if my last case didn't go as simple as it did, it would've been a different story."