00

"Lil nigga wake up! This girl screaming and crying! Ian tryna hear the shit!" Drea yelled hitting Messiah's arm as she held a crack pipe in her other hand

"Aight aight I'm up momma." He stood up rubbing his eyes, and barely woke he saw his four-year-old sister, Zakani sitting on the couch crying.

He picked her up noticing how soiled her clothes were.

"She was crying because she's soaking
wet. You couldn't change her?" Messiah fussed looking over at his mother who sat in the lap of her boyfriend, Charles.

"You can't see I'm busy? Don't start complaining get the fuck out my face with that shit." She replied grabbing a needle off the coffee table.

"Come on lil mama let's get you changed." Messiah held Zakani close as he walked into the room he shared with all his siblings making sure to shut the door behind him.

"Siah I'm hungry," Uriah mumbled clinging onto Messiah's leg.

"I know Uri, let me change Kani and I'll see what we got yeah?" He said as he grabbed a towel laying Zakani on his bed.

Messiah was fifteen years old taking care of his younger siblings. He had no idea what he was doing half of the time. That plus their mother's ongoing drug addiction and the many men who were constantly over; Messiah couldn't catch a break.

It's been like this for almost two years. Drea was an amazing mother until she met a guy who introduced her to drugs, everything went downhill after that.

Messiah was trying his best to pick up his mother's slack because he didn't want CPS to take him and his siblings away.

They were basically poor. Drea spent
all of their money on drugs and alcohol. And if she wasn't already the owner of this house they'd be on the streets.

It wasn't the best house but he was just glad they had a roof over their heads.

After he wiped Zakani down with a warm soapy towel he put a pull up on her and got her dressed. He didn't know too much about hair but he tried his best to pull all of her hair up into a puff ball.

"Naiari you gotta get up bug it's almost eight o'clock. You gotta get dressed, y'all late for school." Messiah spoke as he shook her.

"Can I miss today? The kids are mean at school i don't wanna go." Ten year old, Naiari sniffed sitting up in the bed.

"You missed yesterday, you can't be missing too much school. They'll get suspicious, we talked about this Nai." He sighed wiping her face before adjusting Zakani in his other arm.