𝐃𝐑𝐀𝐌𝐀 𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆, ᵈᵈ ᵒˢᵃᵐᵃ

ෆ when he is used to being in toxic relationships, but you're different

Treat me like I treat me Yeah, you know I do it rightTreat me like I treat meOh, I make me feel so nice-

Yeah, you know I do it right
Treat me like I treat me
Oh, I make me feel so nice-

You nearly burnt yourself with the hot comb, glancing down the hall at the door. "Y/n, open this fucking door," you heard, as the banging continued, making you furrow your eyebrows. Going to the door, you confusedly opened it, watching as DD stormed in, brushing past you, he looked around, obviously searching for something.

"DD? I thought you were going to the studio today?" You asked, pausing the music as he looked at you, frowning deeply.

"Why you playing with me?" He yelled, approaching you.

"First of all, stop yelling, I have neighbors, and what are you talking about?"

"I've been calling you for the last two hours," he crossed his arms, watching as you grabbed your phone off of the charger. He had in fact called, over thirty times, with nearly a hundred text messages.

They ranged from him starting off sweet, telling you how he missed you. He must've tried calling from that point, because he questioned why you weren't answering. From then on, he continued trying to call, his messaging becoming more and more aggressive.

"I'm sorry, my phone is on silent, I've been doing my hair-

"Stop lying, you had a nigga here?" He asked accusingly.

"What-no, after my mama left, I've been doing my hair all morning," you told him. Taking down the knotless box braids, washing and detangling your hair, you went on to do a traditional sew in.

Kissing his teeth, he stomped to your bedroom, you hot on his tail. He began looking around, in your closet, under the bed, in the bathroom, tossing things around.

"Stop it, nobody is in here," you raised your voice, snatching your pillow that he was about to throw.

"Finish your hair, so we can go," he said, a bit flustered.

Rolling your eyes, you walked away going back to finish your hair. Laying your edges, you wrapped them with a band. While he sat in the living room, a mug on his face, his arms still crossed.

Finally as you finished, you walked out. Your purse in hand, his eyes followed your hand as you reached for your phone, dropping it inside the bag.

"Let's go," you said, feeling fed up about his outburst.

Locking the door you followed behind him, as he walked to his car. He made it a habit to open the door for you, but still blinded by his anger and assumptions, he simply got in the car, starting it. You looked at him surprised, before you got into the car.

You didn't say anything, putting your seat belt on in silence. He blasted his music, while you sat slumped in your seat. He ended up bringing you to the studio, again, getting out, leaving you to have to open the door. Stumbling a bit to catch up with his fast pace.

Entering the studio, it was a bit smoky, only a few people in the room. "Oh shit, my sis got her hair laid and shit," Justin said, pulling you into a side hug. You smiled but it quickly dropped seeing DD frown.

Sitting on the couch, you boredly scrolled on TikTok, occasionally leaving the app, to play games. DD went back into the booth, finishing his lines, until everyone decided they wanted to take a break.

The room ended up with only you two. He listened to himself, leaning back in the swivel chair. Looking back at you, you looked focused, your fingers vigorously tapping your phone.

"Y/n"

"Hm?" You said, not looking up at him.

"Can you look at me, while I'm talking to you?"

"Hold on, one second," you said, your eyes glued to the screen.

David couldn't understand his emotions at the moment. The anger that he felt earlier, seemed to come back ten fold. Standing up, he moved until he was hovering over you, where he snatched the phone. He was surprised to see you were only playing Temple Run, but it was too late to stop.

He began searching through your phone. You confusedly reached for your phone, asking repeatedly, 'what are you doing?'.

"David, give me my phone," you reached.

"Why, so you can keep entertaining your side nigga?"

"What the fuck are you talking about?" You screamed at him.

You continued trying to get the phone, before you finally gave up. "You know what, keep it, I hope you find whatever you think is in there," you said, calling your cousin, using your Apple Watch.

DD wanted to chase you, tell you to sit back down, and go back to how things were minutes ago. But his ego, he was too prideful, he needed to know if anything was on the phone. After nearly an hour, he came to the conclusion there wasn't anything.

He felt stupid, 'I guess she was telling the truth', he thought, before he realized what he had done. "Shit," he said, grabbing his keys, rushing back to your place.

Knocking on the door, his heart was pounding as your mom answered the door. "Hi honey-y/n, David is here," she said, letting him in, before going back into the kitchen.

Groaning in annoyance, you got up, going to your bedroom, him following, reaching for you. "I'm sorry," he started, but you snatched away, just as he grabbed your hand.

"Sorry? No, you're toxic as fuck. I didn't answer the phone because I'm doing my hair and the first thing you do is accuse me of cheating, then you searched my phone that you didn't buy," you told him, while he looked at you, guiltily, pouting.

"I know-

"Maybe we need to break up, I don't know what you're use too, but I'm not use to all of that," you said, making him shake his head, getting on his knees.

"I'm sorry mami, alright, my last girl was a smoochie, It's hard for me to trust people, don't be like that ma," he begged, pressing his face into your stomach.

"David, bro, get up"

"Nah, I'm not yo bro, you tryna leave me, when I love you," he whined.

"I'm not"

Looking at you, he slowly stood, before pulling you into a firm hug. He felt like a weight had been lifted from his shoulders. The fear of losing you felt heavy.

"I'm sorry", he repeated, kissing all over your face.

"It's fine, you-you need to communicate with me more, jumping to conclusions when you can just ask me is annoying," you told him as he sat on your bed, pulling you into his lap.

"I know, I love that about you, I just-be comparing shit to my exes, all them hoes cheated and I be worried you gonna do the same," he confessed.

"Aw, baby, I'm not cheating on you, ever, and cheating takes too much effort, no thanks," you said, making him grin at your cuteness.

With you, he could learn how to build healthy relationships, starting with trusting you, the love of his life.