46

KINABUKASAN ay sa terrace rin sila nag-almusal ni Ivo. Medyo uncomfortable si Ember dahil hindi siya sanay sa ganoon. It felt surreal. The table was set up really nice. The food was Instagrammable. Everything was Instagrammable, to be honest.

Tumingin siya kay Ivo. Especially the man. Sumubo siya ng cut fruit para hindi niya masabi ang anumang tumatakbo sa kanyang isip sa kasalukuyan.

Why did he have to look so gorgeous in the morning? He was wearing a simple white shirt and jeans but he looked like someone from a billionaire romance novel.

The weather was also nice and promising. Hindi gaanong mainit.

"Do you have plans?" kaswal na tanong ni Ivo bago dinala sa bibig ang tasa ng kape.

Tumango si Ember. "I'm not very sure if you're gonna like this but I need to speak to the head of security or anyone who's in charge of clearing someone in."

"You're expecting a visitor?"

Tumango si Ember. "I'm expecting cops."

Sandaling natigilan si Ivo. "Grant?"

"Uhm, no." Parang may kung ano sa boses ni Ivo na gusto niyang ipagtaka. Gusto rin niyang ipagtaka ang pagbaha ng relief sa mukha nito sa naging sagot niya. "Two of my men are coming."

"To check up on you?"

Tumango si Ember. "Sure."

"Em..."

"Kasama na rin ang pangungumusta. They are decent people and I think they care enough for their lieutenant. They were angry on my behalf and they wanted to hunt down the man responsible themselves, but we have so much work. We're understaffed and most of our equipment and softwares are outdated. We had budget cuts which sucked. And I'm blabbering."

Nakangiti na si Ivo. "I'll tell Q you need to talk to him."

"Thank you."

"Promise me you won't strain yourself," hiling ni Ivo. He was not telling her what to do, he was merely suggesting. And it was out of concern. She needed to stop thinking this was something like Rod did.

Tumango si Ember. "They're just here to give reports. They raided a den for fraud and extortion. It's a small time but it's still an important win. It's important to nip something like this in the bud. Mas kaunting tao ang mabibiktima."

"It's important."

He didn't sound condescending, he sounded really sincere.

"Thank you for letting them into your home. I'm gonna make sure na hindi gaanong—"

"It's fine, Ember. Hindi n'yo kailangang magmadali. I have a room na puwedeng mai-convert into a mini-conference room. It's ajoined to my office. You can use it."

"The living room is fine."

"Mas magiging comfortable kayo roon. Mas private rin."

"I don't want to intrude, baka kailangan mo—"

"I'm working in the theater room today. I'm gonna watch some pilots of the upcoming shows."

"That sounds fun."

"You can join me. Puwede kong ipagpaliban mamaya. I can work on other things while you're in a meeting with your men. Hihintayin na lang kita."

"You don't have to do that."

"Just say yes, please?"

Nakangiting tumango si Ember. "Okay."

Habang nag-aalmusal ay tinanong ni Ember ang tungkol sa mga palabas. Kung tungkol saan ang mga iyon at kung ano sa palagay nito ang magiging next hit.