Epilogue

NGINITIAN o tinanguan si Ivo ng mga taong nakasalubong niya o nakikita niya habang papasok sa division ni Ember. He had never thought he would be comfortable coming and going on a police station, but after a few visits, he was. And he liked going in there. He loved seeing Ember in her element.

She was just magnificent. She wasn't just a good, clean and dedicated cop, she was so much more. She was the best.

She would always give her best and then some to the victims. He had seen firsthand how dedicated she was to the job, to justice. May mga pagkakataong ipinag-aalala nito na baka magtampo siya dahil may mga pagkakataong nilalamon ng trabaho ang oras nito. But then he would also be very busy. The work hours could be extra long. May mga pagkakataong kailangan pa niyang magpunta sa South Korea, Canada at Los Angeles.

But they tried hard to make time for each other. They made sure they would talk on the phone if they couldn't see each other. They texted if their schedules clashed. They had date night once a week. They also had sleepovers if one of them was really busy and they just needed to spend more time together.

It wasn't always easy but the relationship didn't feel like work. Everything was good and lovely. They were meant to be together, mas nagiging malinaw ang bagay na iyon

"Ivo!" bati ni Aubrey na nasa desk nito. Nginitian siya ng babae. "Nasa opisina niya si Lieutenant. Tumuloy ka na."

"Thanks, Aub. Pizzas are coming."

"Yes!" Hindi lang si Aubrey ang masayang marinig ang bagay na iyon.

Ember had told her he spoiled her men by buying food for them. She liked sending them food. Madalas naman niyang padalhan ng mga pagkain si Ember, idinadamay na lang din niya ang mga tao nito.

Dumeretso na si Ivo sa opisina ni Ember. Her door was open but he still knocked. She was talking to someone on the phone but she smiled when she saw him. Sa loob ng ilang sandali ay hindi siya tuminag sa kinatatayuan. Pinagmasdan muna niya ang kanyang pinakamamahal.

She was a marvel. She was on her uniform. May mga hibla ng buhok na kumawala sa buhok nitong nakapusod. She was the most beautiful woman in the world. She would always be the most beautiful woman for him.

"Yes, Sir. Thank you, Sir," sabi ni Ember sa kausap sa phone bago iyon ibinaba. Itinuon na nito ang buong pansin sa kanya. Her smile grew wider and her eyes lit with happiness. "Hey, you!"

Tuluyan nang pumasok sa loob si Ivo. The office was small and a little cramped but she loved it the way it was. It was clean, neat and very organized.

Lumapit siya kay Ember at hinalikan ang mga labi nito. "Hey." The warmth in his heart spread all over him. There were times he just couldn't believe how in love he was with this woman. Everyday, he would find something that would make him fall more deeper in love with her. Habang lumilipas ang mga araw ay mas sumisidhi ang kanyang nararamdaman.

There will be no other woman for him.

"Are you ready to go?" tanong ni Ivo.

"Just about," sagot nito habang pinapatay ang mga computer sa desk nito. Inilabas nito ang messenger bag mula sa isang drawer at inilagay ang ilang folders at gadgets doon.

Umupo muna si Ivo sa visitor's chair habang hinihintay na maging handa si Ember. "Was that your boss praising you for a really job well done?"

Ngumiti lang si Ember.

A few days ago, she and her team dismantled another organized cybercrime syndicate. She went back from her medical leave a week early. She promised to be on desk duty until she healed. She didn't waste much time upon returning to work. Dismantling an organized cybercrime syndicate was a huge win for her department.