Chapter 34

Chapter 34 The poor little man who sold his body to bury his father (7)

Xie Dingle knew his true identity very early - a prince who was nominally dead long ago.

And his mother was the late empress whom everyone said was buried in the fire.

When he was young, little Xie Dingle often watched his mother sitting under the eaves in a daze. Every time, he would run to his mother, hug her legs, and ask doubtfully, "What are you thinking about?"

Then every time, his mother would smile and say, "I wonder when our Ting Le will grow up."

After speaking, he touched Xie Dingle's little face again, slowly raised his head and looked into the distance, his smile gradually turning sad.

The young Xie Tingle didn't understand. It wasn't until she grew up that she realized that she was not thinking about herself, but the man who gave up their mother and son after weighing the pros and cons.

He was confused, felt pitiful and funny, and had no good impression of the emperor in his heart, even though the emperor had been writing letters to the mother and son, giving them some money to support them.

But do they want money? Not to mention that even if the emperor didn't give it, the dowry secretly sent by the grandfather's family would be enough for them to live on.

The way of giving alms made Xie Dingle feel disgusted, so after his mother passed away, he quietly left home when he was fourteen years old and went to live somewhere else alone.

It was also at that time that he met Jian Xingsheng for the first time.

Fourteen-year-old Xie Tingle was actually quite tall, and he had some money before he left home, so he simply found a job in the countryside as a carpenter apprentice.

The carpenter was a strange old man. His wife and daughter died in a fire. He drank heavily all day long. He was so good at carpentry that people from all over the country came to him to find furniture.

At first the carpenter didn't want to hire an apprentice, but Xie Tingle was handsome and liked the women nearby. He pestered the carpenter for more than half a month and finally managed to move into the carpenter's house.

"You brat, you have no skin and no face. If you pursue your wife in the future, don't use your face to support your wife!" The carpenter, smelling of alcohol, said to Xie Tingle.

Xie Tingletian was shameless: "I'm happy to support you if you support me." But in his heart, he thought with disgust that he would not be like this.

As a result, I met Jian Xingsheng not long after.

He still remembers it very clearly. It was a sunny day, the sun was shining brightly, and the sky was cloudless and blue. The aunt at the entrance of the village was going to have a wedding for her daughter, so she asked a carpenter to order a dressing table a month in advance. They came to carry it. When I was picking up things, I even grabbed a handful of pumpkin seeds for him.

Xie Tingle moved a bench out of boredom and sat carving wood carvings under the wall next to the entrance of the courtyard. Next to him was a pile of ugly finished products that would be disgusted by any puppy passing by.

"Hey, kid, carve someone for me." The sound of horses suddenly stopped in front of him, followed by a lazy voice.

Xie Tingle looked down at the horse's hooves, thought for a moment, raised his head, squinted his eyes against the sunlight, and saw a white hand stretching out towards him, with his fingers slightly pulled back to hold a piece of silver.