Chapter 35

Chapter 35 The Poor Little Man Who Sold His Body to Bury His Father (8)

The spring day suddenly turned warm and then cold, and it was still raining in the early morning. After a while, the sun came out again, and the afternoon was bright. There were more and more people coming and going, and there was a constant noise.

The matter of the Crown Princess could not be delayed, so while Jian Xingsheng was still ill, he took people to Huang Shangshu's house to conduct a careful investigation. However, due to the emperor's instructions, the final result was still an accident.

Even if the prince is in pain again, the matter has come to this, and there is no resurrection after death, so everything is of no use.

The queen probably sensed something and called the prince over. Later, the prince actually stopped, but there was a vague news in the palace that the queen was choosing a noble daughter.

Jian Xingsheng didn't care about the affairs in the palace. He first arranged Xie Tingle and Yunnian to be together and then started busy. During this period, he dealt with several officials who made mistakes. Dongchang arrested a series of people and ransacked three houses. The people in the capital were panicked, and privately they said that Lord Jian was crazy.

By the time the storm had completely passed, more than a month had passed.

When he came out of Dongchang, Jian Xingsheng took a deep breath, raised his head and looked forward. The warm sunlight shone down, making his cold and stiff hands warmer.

The dungeon is cold and damp, and the smell of blood is strong. If you stay there for a little longer, people will become numb.

The Dongchang fanzi who followed behind him was reporting in a low voice the news found during the recent interrogation of the prisoners. Finally, when Jian Xingsheng glanced at him lightly, he stopped talking and said tightly: "Qianhu told you that Mr. Wu made an appointment with you in the spring breeze during the Youshi period. Let's talk about it."

Jian Xingsheng nodded as a reply, then got into the carriage, and the lowered curtain swayed slightly, returning to calm.

The driver drove his horse forward and arrived at the mansion. Eunuch Li had been waiting for a long time. When he saw someone coming down, he hurried forward to help him and followed the person through half of the front yard before entering the house.

"Master Governor, I don't know whether to say something in our family or not."

Eunuch Li took off his cloak for him, put it away, and said while lighting the heater in the house.

Jian Xingsheng sat on the couch and said casually after hearing the words: "Say."

"That Hu Mei... no, that Xie Dingle, do you still want to keep it by your side?"

Eunuch Li said and gritted his teeth and said bitterly: "In recent times, He joined the Jinyi Guards, but he became quite popular, and people inside and outside the East Factory said that he was going to replace Yun Nian."

Not only that, there were actually rumors that Hu Meizi was the governor's new male favorite!

Jian Xingsheng thought for a moment and thought of Xie Tingle. He said that he hadn't seen him much these days. In the past, when he had dinner in the evening, he would bring him tea and water and do other things like that until he went to bed.

The last time we saw him was the day before yesterday. When Xie Dingle came back, he smelled a faint smell of blood when he approached him. After he smelled it, he ran to change clothes, but he locked the door behind him and didn't let him in.