chapter 39

HARLOW SAT NEXT TO DARYL, HER GAZE SWITCHING BETWEEN LIPS, HIS HANDS, AND NORA'S SIGNING,

He explained the whole situation, following the car to Atlanta, finding Noah, who had met Beth in the hospital she was taken to, and Carol being hit by a car and taken by the same group.

Carol and Beth were together in Grady Memorial, with a manipulative group made up of doctors and sleazy cops.

Rick and Daryl came up with a plan. They would fortify the church, in case of walkers or people tried to get in. They would leave the kids and the priest behind, along with Michonne to watch over them. Everyone else would head to Atlanta to get Beth and Carol back.

Noah knew the group at the hospital, the weapons they had. They were gonna need everyone if they wanted a chance.

Once the church was fortified, the group sat in the back of a large truck that Daryl took from the city. Nora stayed back to say goodbye to Judith and Carl before sitting in the back next to Harley.

Daryl wanted her to stay behind, but Harley refused. She wanted to be there. For the group, for Daryl, for Beth.

It didn't take long to get to the city, only a couple of hours. The streets were mostly clear from any traffic snarls or hordes.

They found a warehouse only a couple blocks away, and huddled in to come up with the plan to break in and get the upper hand. Noah drew a diagram in the dirt, outlining the hospital and all the patrol point,

"At sundown we fire a shot into the air." Rick stated, "Get two of them out on patrol. Then once it's dark enough that the rooftop spotter won't see us, we go. We cut the locks on one of the stairways, take it to the fifth floor. I open the door, Daryl takes the guard out."

"How?" Tyreese asked,

"He slits his throat." Rick answered, as if it was an easy thing to do, taking someone's life, "This is all about us doing this quiet, keeping the upper hand. They're not expecting us. From there, we fan out. Knives and silenced weapons." He began to mark up the diagram that Noah made, "We need to be fast. Tyreese, Sasha, and Nora take them. Daryl and Harley, you take care of whoever is in the kitchen. I got Dawn. If they're smart, the rest of them will give up. Then it'll be seven on three. Eight on three once we get a weapon to Beth."

"Fourteen on three." Noah added, "The wards will help."

"That's best case. What's worst case?" Tyreese shook his head, "All it takes is one of those cops going down the hall at the wrong time. Then it's not quiet. All hands on deck." He look around at everyone, trying to see if they had the same concerns as him, "We're talking about a lot of bullets flying around."