𝟎𝟗| 𝖈𝖔𝖓𝖋𝖚𝖘𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖋𝖊𝖊𝖑𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖘

MORE THAN TWO MONTHS AGO, Tessa had feared that she would have to continue to live with the fact that her father had power over her

MORE THAN TWO MONTHS AGO, Tessa had feared that she would have to continue to live with the fact that her father had power over her. Now, almost two months after her father's death, the twenty-one year old finally knew what it felt like to be free, to have her own will.

Hearing from Happy that he had killed Mike and did her a huge favor eight weeks ago, she was torn. The instant relief mixed with a sense of sadness had been confusing for her. But it was mainly her conscience that bothered her.

Who was happy when their parent died? What's more, she lived under the same roof as her father's murderer and they acted as if nothing had ever happened. She should hate Happy, loathe him and feel repulsed by his actionsᅳ instead she was grateful that, thanks to him, she was finally free from this prison, this oppression.

In general, the relationship between Happy and her had become closer, more familiar. They spent more time together, which was because Maria told her son to stay with Tessa more often and not sleep at the clubhouse all the time now that she was back in Bakersfield. And because Happy couldn't refuse his mother's wishes and valued her concern for the young woman, he spent at least five nights out of seven days at home.

Not only did Tessa get used to spending more time with the SAA, but Sawyer also liked having a man in the house with whom he could exchange ideas and do some 'cool boy stuff' as Sawyer called it. It was no longer noticeable that Happy didn't really have any experience with kidsᅳ now Tessa even believed that he was a natural when it came to dealing with those little whirlwinds.

On the other hand, Sawyer was an absolutely well-behaved, calm and sweet child who really wasn't difficult to get along with. In addition, the four-year-old was happy with everything that was offered to him. Even a day at the playground, which was the most normal thing in the world, put a permanent smile on his faceᅳ something that always made Tessa's heart swell with love.

She also spent a lot of time in the clubhouse now. The raven-haired woman hadn't gotten a daycare place yet because they were all full, but she also had a job that she had to do and Happy had suggested that he could take Sawyer with him.

And if Happy had to leave and handle business with the guys, Gemma assured her that she would step in at any time because she was watching Abel anyway. As a result, Sawyer finally found a real friend his age.

Tessa would definitely always be grateful for one thingᅳ and that was the huge support she got from Happy, Gemma and the rest, even though no one except Happy had known her before.

She was on her way to the clubhouse to pick up Sawyer. Through a call from Gemma, who was already there, she knew that Happy wasn't there at the moment but that her son was in good hands with herᅳ which Tessa didn't doubt.

Thanks to five hours in high heels and all sorts of positions that she had to do for two shoots, Tessa stepped through the door and into the clubhouse with heavy feet, the usual smell of cigarette smoke and leather filling her nostrils.