Chapter 11

"So, you must be Amao, are you excited?" I turned to see that same individual who stood outside of the classroom a couple days ago. I remembered how his quirk works, so I did not reply. I knew he was trying to get me to speak, so he could control me. "Tch, I knew you 1-A Kids were rude, just didn't think you were that rude."

A few moments later it was time for me to go out, I had a pair of earplugs in my ears specially made by Momo. Technically speaking, they classed as a support item for my neurodivergence. So I wasn't breaking the rules, only slightly bending them.

"First up to the battle stage, we have, from class 1-C. Hitoshi Shinso!" Mic yelled, I could barely hear him, it was great. "And now, from Class 1-A, it's Amao Odayaka!"

I walked out nervously, playing up a bit of an act, hoping to call Shinso's bluff.

"Well then, make this a spectacle boys!" Midnight announced. "BATTLE BEGIN!"

I was reading Shinso's lips. It looked like he said "You look very nervous." I didn't reply, however, I widened my own eyes, and stood like a statue, creating the appearance that I had been brainwashed.

He then said "Come to me." So I did just that, I staggered towards him, putting on my best act. His face smiled, a creepy yet sadistic smile, reminiscent of professor Aizawa. I tried my best not to laugh, but it was difficult seeing how much pleasure he got off of me being 'under his control'.

I got bored after a while, and I noticed the audience members were also starting to get bored too. So I took that as my queue to end this fight rather quickly. So, before he could utter another false command, I picked him up by the scruff of his neck and placed him on the other side of the boundary, which wasn't that far, but it did made me realise if he was to have moved me, I probably would've tripped and fallen out of bounds.

"Well, that was pretty uneventful." Midnight yawned. "Odayaka wins!"

"HOW!" I heard Hitoshi scream in anger.

I still said nothing, but pointed to the earplug in my ear.

"THAT'S NOT FAIR!" Hitoshi stormed off.

"Life isn't fair, trust me, I would know." I muttered walking the opposite way. Towards our viewing gallery.

When I got up there, everyone turned to me with a confused expression.

"What happened down there?" Mina asked me.

"I played along with him, then got him out." I said as I sat next to Tsu. "I knew about his quirk since the day he stood at our door. Brainwashing."

"That's awesome!" Tsu ribbited

"Wasn't that flashy though." Kaminari snarked.

"Doesn't need to be. As long as you get the job done without harming anyone or anything, that's what the Pros really look out for." I pointed at the row of Pro Hero's that sat opposite to us, specifically noting the powerful flames of Endeavour, an interesting character to say the least.

"He's right, Kaminari." Iida stuck up for me, which I appreciated and acknowledged.

We had just sat down to watch Sero and Shoto's battle just after Kirishima and Tetsutetsu's battle, they primarily used pure strength, which meant they drew, but Kirishima won in an Arm wrestle, which meant I would be facing up against him, which I knew exactly how to tackle. I was drifting away for a second before I felt an immense cold, I was then faced with a wall of ice in front of me.

"Tsu, come here." I pulled her into my arms, which she graciously accepted as I wrapped her up in a warm hug, to prevent her from falling asleep due to the hibernation style cold. However, I still was falling victim to this. I started to drift off into sleep.

"Amao? Are you ok?" Midoriya asked. I was still yawning and slowly shutting my eyes, ready for a nap.

"Frogs and bears, we follow the same Hibernation cycle." I briefly heard Tsu yawn before falling asleep with me.

When I woke up Ochaco had just lost to Bakugo, however she apparently put up one hell of a fight, I went to congratulate her in the 1-A waiting room.

"Ochaco! I'm super sorry I missed your match!" I ran towards her and bowed in my apologetic 90 degree posture.

"It's ok Amao, it wasn't anything special." She sniffled.

"Don't say that! I heard you fought extremely well and I expected nothing less from a top notch individual with an amazing interior and exterior!" I showered her with the compliments she so willingly deserved.

"How are you feeling about your next match?" She asked me. "You're against Kirishima."

"Mhm! I'd be lying if I said I was nervous." I sighed. "If things don't go to plan, I might as well say goodbye to U.A.

"What!? You can't leave Amao!" Ochaco spat out the drink she was sipping at. "Why do you say that?"

"Look, if things go south, I'm planning to walk off the stage." I said, just as Bakugo stormed in.

"What a fucking cop out!" He kicked the seat next to me out of rage.

"I wasn't talking to you..." I muttered.

"You're such a fucking loser! How about you fight like a man and not a little bitch!" He grabbed my hand. A ferocity crossed my body like a whirlwind, next thing I knew, Bakugo had been launched into a rack of boxes. Uraraka stared at me, fear in her movements. I stood back for a brief second and realised the damage I had done. This was very very bad, I needed to eat something. I ran back to our viewing area and devoured one of my uncles snacks in the process.