Chapter 5- The silhouette

Y/N POV:

You suddenly woke up, your eyes were dry with leftover tears. You keep having nightmares of this creepy silhouette ever since that night. You asked William if you could be able to go home before it gets dark.

William agreed but you had to be there early instead, you didn't mind this since you greeted and chatted with Alastor every morning at the cafe.

~time skip to early morning~

You were exhausted.

You sat down on one of the wooden chairs and leaned over the cafe table as you placed your hand on your jaw holding your head up, trying not to fall asleep.

Your eyes started getting heavy... *yawn* your head slowly fell onto the surface as you closed your eyes and fell asleep.

Ding

You didn't hear the noise of the bell on top of the door.

Alastors POV:

I looked over at y/n with her head resting on the table inbetween her arms, is she asleep?

I smiled and walked over to her, I didn't know what to do. Should I wake her? Should I leave her?

"Y/nnn" I whispered

"Y/nnnn" I spoke a bit louder

"Y/N." I shouted.

"AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH " She screamed loudly, making my face wince.

She shot up and fell backwards on the chair but luckily caught herself. I laughed quietly and reached my hand out for her to help her up. She grabbed it and I didn't expect her to be so light and she slammed right into my chest.

"Oh my, are you okay dear?" I asked as I looked down at her head. She is quite small compared to me.

"Yes I'm okay but WHY DID YOU DO THAT?! I heard that small chuckle too." she said as she stood up and poked my chest with her finger.

"I didn't expect that reaction but you must admit that was rather funny " I replied with a laugh. I lifted her finger off of me.

I sat down and she walked off with a small smile and proceeded to make my coffee.

"So what's today's news?" She asked as she placed down the cup in front of me.

"Well there has been another murder, a man was murdered in an alley with his face ripped open" I explained and looked up at her.

I heard a sharp inhale and her face went pale.

"...Like tore off the skin?" She asked quickly.

"That's what the paper said." I shrugged and began to drink my coffee.

She walked away and went into the back of the cafe.

She's never done that? Why is she acting different? Normally she sits down and talks with me but now she's not?

I placed my coffee on the table and opened the door to the back of the cafe. As I looked around I saw y/n sitting on the floor with her hands in her hair.

"Alastor, why are you here? Just please leave me for a bit please." She muttered.

"Y/n what happened?" I asked and knelt down and lifted her chin up.

"What. What do you mean what happened? Someone just got their face taken off and people keep getting murdered and you are here talking like it's just a normal day. This is not normal. This is terrifying. I'm scared I will be next. You keep saying on the radio 'the killer hasn't been found yet, you might be next' and that terrifies me. I don't want to get murdered." She stated and looked at me, her eyes were shiny with drips of tears falling down her cheek.

"Y/N, you have absolutely nothing to worry about. They won't find and kill you. I promise." I reassured her, she slowly got up and dusted off her clothing.

"How do you know that Alastor?" She asked.

"I have a good feeling that you are going to be okay y/n. I best be off now, I don't want to be late! Farewell dear I'll speak to you tomorrow" I replied and left the cafe.

Y/N POV:

You are on the brink of just wanting to leave and sleep but you had 40 more minutes until you could go home.

"Y/n are you okay? You seem a bit off today" William asked.

You started rubbing your eyes trying to stay awake. "I'm fine. Just haven't been sleeping well and it's taking a toll" you replied.

"Go home and take the day off tomorrow y/n, you look like you need it" he advised.

"Thank you so much William" you sighed and left.

———————————————————————-
A/n
My head hurts with the amount of stuff I want to fit into this book...it's currently 1am for me and I need sleep.