Chapter 33

Cooper stood in front of Reece's tent and looked very angry, his eyes dark and soulless. The tent flap was open, and I could see Reece still tied to the post and looking like a bloody and beaten mess.

Shit...

Cooper narrowed his eyes when he caught sight of me and took a threatening step toward me, and I couldn't help but stop and stare at him with wide eyes. "Did you know?" he asked, his voice dark and holding a bit of threat in it that I didn't like.

"Did I know what?" I asked and raised an eyebrow. "What are you talking about?"

"Do you know who he is?" he asked and gestured to Reece, and I looked at the other male before I looked at Cooper again.

"Well, I know that his name is Reece," I said and folded my arms across my chest and scowled. "I know that he was a part of this group when he was younger, and I know that you were a dick to him."

Cooper scoffed and rolled his eyes, pressing his lips into a thin line. "A dick?" he asked and raised an eyebrow in question, and I nodded in confirmation. "What do you mean by me being a dick to him?"

"That's what I mean, Cooper," I said. "You have been a dick to him."

Cooper growled softly and narrowed his eyes, setting his jaw. He took a threatening step toward me, and I stood firm while I watched him. "That does not tell me what you mean," he said.

I sighed and rolled my eyes, pressing my lips into a thin line. "Goddess," I said. "I can't believe you are this daft, Cooper, to not know what I mean."

Cooper didn't say a word and bared his teeth in warning. Anger came off of him in waves, and all I could do was roll my eyes and press my lips into a thin line because all of this was complete and utter bullshit.

"So, what did he do to you, Cooper?" I asked and gestured to Reece, and Cooper looked at Reece before he looked at me again. "He was a child, Cooper. The fact that you attacked him now is complete and total bullshit."

Cooper growled and narrowed his eyes while he pressed his lips into a thin line.

I shook my head and bit back a small, annoyed sigh. "Never mind," I said before I cleared my throat and shifted on my feet. "He's staying here; I hope you know that, Cooper."

Cooper narrowed his eyes and scowled. "H-"

"He is, too, Cooper!" I exclaimed and stomped my foot like a child. "He is an innocent. I wouldn't have risked my own fucking life for someone that isn't innocent. Why you can't seem to get that through your thick skull, I have no fucking clue."

"He could be like his dad," he said and gestured to him. "He could kill us."

"But he isn't like his father," I replied and shook my head, "and the one that I am having problems with is with you."

Cooper blinked and blinked again, shocked and surprised. "Me?" he asked and pointed at himself, and I nodded in confirmation. "What do you mean you are having problems with me?"

"Well, I am having problems deciding if you are an innocent or not," I replied with a shake of my head, "and having problems wondering if you are the one that will get us killed or not."

He gritted his teeth and narrowed his eyes before he growled. "And how will I be the one that will get everyone killed?"

"Because you are being fucking stupid and acting like a fucking dick," I replied, and he growled and narrowed his eyes, again. "I'm serious, Cooper. You are creating many problems, and you are scaring everyone. They aren't going to stand up to you and follow your lead."