Chapter 34

"Are you ok?" Reece asked before I was able to get a word out to see if he was ok. He frowned and narrowed his eyes while he studied me, and I rolled my eyes and scowled, pressing my lips into a thin line.

"I'm fine," I replied tersely. "I was coming in here to check on you because I saw what Cooper had done." I paused and licked my lips while I cocked my head, studying him to make sure that there weren't any broken bones before I looked at him again. "Are you ok?"

Reece held back an eye roll but scowled, and I could tell that he didn't like me changing the subject from myself. "I'm fine, Ky," he said and cleared his throat while he shifted and grimaced, trying to relieve some of the tension and pain he was feeling. "I'm peachy."

I snorted and shook my head while I walked behind him. "Well, you do look like shit," I said, and he snorted and rolled his eyes again. I started to untie the ropes from around his arms but stopped when I felt him grow tense underneath my grasp.

"Are you sure that this is a good idea, Ky?" he asked, his voice barely above a whisper with a bit of hesitance in it, and I rolled my eyes and scowled, biting back a small snort.

"I do," I confirmed and nodded. "Cooper can't do anything to you if that is what you are worried about."

"Well..." Caroline trailed off and cleared her throat while she shifted on her feet, and her cheeks turned slightly red while we looked at her.

I rolled my eyes and bit back a small growl. "If he tries anything to you, then his ass is mine," I said coldly while I bared my teeth and narrowed my eyes, letting the growl escape from my tense mouth.

"Are you waiting for a fight between the two of you?" Reece asked while he raised an eyebrow. He gestured for me to continue to unwrap his wrists, and I did just that, making sure that he was still comfortable with it.

"Yes," I confirmed and nodded, "and you can bet your sweet little ass that I will win."

Reece bit back a small snort and shook his head, amused. "I don't know if I want to try it out," he admitted before he cleared his throat.

He breathed a sigh of relief when I finished untying his wrists and moved his wrists in front of him. "Oh, thank Goddess," he said and rubbed his wrists, breathing a small sigh of relief. "I'm surprised that he listened to you."

I bit back a small snort and slowly nodded. "So am I," I confirmed while I cleared my throat. I walked around him again and grabbed my pouch from my pocket, tucking the rope into my pocket. "I'm going to heal your wounds," I said softly before I cleared my throat and shifted on my feet, my cheeks turning red. "If that is ok with you, of course."

"How are you going to do that?" he asked and raised his eyebrow. He looked at the pouch and watched me reach into it and pulled out a healing cream, and he looked at me with wide eyes. "With that?" he asked and looked at the cream again, and I nodded in confirmation, biting the inside of my lip. "What is it?"

"It's a healing cream," I said and placed my pouch back into my pocket while he looked at me. "Do you mind if I put the cream on your face and wherever else he had hurt you?"

Reece hesitated and looked at the container before he looked at me again. "Is it safe?" he asked and raised an eyebrow, and I nodded in confirmation. "Are you sure?"

"I've had it used on me," I said, "many times. The last two times I've had it used on me was on my back and then on my foot."

"How does it work?" he asked and raised an eyebrow in question, and I shrugged and grimaced because I had no idea how it worked.

"It's magic," I said before I cleared my throat and shifted on my feet, biting the inside of my lip. "It feels good, like soothing and bringing a type of relief good, and it helps your wolf help heal you faster."