A day in life

Author's POV

Birds chirping, sounds of servants doing their morning chores and ringing of her alarm, that's how Jaanki woke up. Not just today but every day. She switched off the alarm and peeked to the side to see if he had woken up. And just like every day, he wasn't in bed. He must be in the gym, she thought. After all, her very handsome husband didn't have that god-like physique just like that. He worked every day for that.

Jaanki finally managed to roll herself out of bed and get ready to go work out herself. She changed into her gym clothes and went to the gym on the floor above hers. He likes working out alone, her husband, so she always chooses to go to another floor. It's not like they had a small house. She lived in a damn palace, for god sake. She huffed, put on her headphones, and started off. She lost track of time, getting rid of her frustrations with work, home, and everything else. "Rani sahib" she heard. She turned around to see a worker standing outside the gym doors. She put down her dumbbells and turned around. "Yes", she said. The worker continued, "Rani sahib, aaj ke naashte ka menu finalize karna hai." "Ji aa rahi hu." she replied and the worker left.

("We have to decide the menu for today's breakfast, raani sahib." "Yes, I'm coming.")

She entered her room to find her husband putting down his gym bag. "Good morning maharaj" she said with a small smile playing on her lips. "Good morning to you too rani sahib." Her husband replied, giving her a small smile. Just as he was about to enter the bathroom for a shower, she beat him to it, saying, "I've got to get started on today's menu before I get to work, Raghav." "Not fair, Rani sahib," Raghav grunted, looking annoyed. But this wasn't anything new for him. His wife did this every day. He'd grown used to it now after almost seven months of marriage. "I can at least get started on my work, meanwhile." He thought.

He saw his wife out of the shower, dressed for work. She was getting ready for the day. He got up from the couch in their room and left for the bathroom. Jaanki did her makeup and hair. She rushed out of the room, trying to put on her watch. She reached the kitchen and saw the workers waiting for her. She finalized the menu for the day as she did every day. "Bhabhi!" she heard. The noise startled her. "Kyu aise daraate ho Arjun" she scowled. Arjun, with his stupid smile, said, "Mazaa aata hai Bhabhi". "Accha chalo baith jao dining table pe. Aa rahi hu mai" Jaanki said smiling.

("Why do you scare me this way, Arjun?" "It's fun, Bhabhi." "Go sit at the dining table. I'm coming.")

Jaanki's outfit

Jaanki's outfit

Just as she sat at her table to talk to Arjun, her phone rang. She looked at him apologetically and took the call. Arjun smiled and shrugged his shoulders. "Yes, Ms.Sharma," Jaanki said on the call. "Yes, I'd like to get that meeting done today. Is there anything else? Okay, please keep the documents they've submitted in both Maharaj's and mine cabins. Thank you" she said, ending the call. As she turned around, she saw that her husband had already made himself comfortable on the dining table, waiting for his food. "Sakshi nhi aayi?" Raghav asked, looking at Arjun. "Aapki behen aap jaane," Arjun replied nonchalantly, earning a smack on the head from his Bhaiyya. "Thik hai, Thaik hai, jaake bulata hu itna request karne ki zaroorat nhi hai" Arjun said, bolting towards his twin sister's room.

("Isn't Sakshi here yet?" "You should know about your sister." ("Yeah, yeah I'm going to get her. You don't have to request so much.")

Raghav's outfit

Raghav's outfit

Jaanki shook her head, smiling. This was the family she always wanted. And he gave it to her, her husband. "Is the meeting happening today?" Raghav asked, looking at her. "Yes, I've asked Ms. Sharma to put the documents in your cabin." She replied. "Think hai, ek baar I'll go through and uske baad hum dono discuss kar lete hai. Mujhe kaafi questions honge" he said. She nodded. Her husband hadn't been very involved in the workings of this particular company amongst the vast number of companies he owned. After marriage, they decided to split up the number of companies they'd be directly involved with to reduce his workload.

("Okay, I'll go through everything once, and then we can have a discussion. I'll have quite a few questions.")

Her chain of thoughts was broken by the bickering of the twins. Sakshi came rushing to hug her Bhabhi. Raghav scowled, looking at the nanand-Bhabhi duo. Sakshi chuckled and hugged her brother. The workers started serving the breakfast. "Kya yaar Bhabhi? Itni baar gobi ke paraathe nhi khaye jaate" Arjun complained. "Chup caap kha" Raghav said sternly, making Arjun sulk. He ate nonetheless. "Aapka favorite hai, aap toh khayenge hi" Sakshi said, pouting. Raghav maintained a poker face and started eating. He knew his wife made it a point to make his favorite food at least twice a week. He recognized her efforts and love. But he wasn't sure how much of that love he could return.

("What is this Bhabhi? Why do you make gobi parathas so often?" "Eat it quietly." "Of course you'll eat them. They are your favorite, after all.")