Her Family

Jaanki's POV

I woke up to sunlight hitting my face. He forgot to close the blinds again, didn't he? Raghav always did that. Before I could curse my husband any further, I felt something poking my abdomen. I realized it was his morning wood, and also that I was naked. He knew I preferred to at least have my underwear on at night, but this man had to put me to bed naked. I was feeling too tired today. Last night was intense but it's not like we hadn't gone harder before. I don't understand why I'm so tired. It might be exhaustion from yesterday combined with what we'd done last night. My face went red when I thought of yesterday night. I tried to make my way out of bed, only to fail as my husband dragged me onto him, making his erection touch my core. "Aah Raghav don't, I'm still sore," I tried reasoning. He put me down with a huff. He started peppering my neck with kisses, saying, "Kya yaar Jaanki, the reason I like sleeping naked with you is so that we can have some morning sex," he confessed into my neck. "I know, and that is why I don't sleep naked with you," I said, trying to detach myself from him, and failing to do so.

("What Jaanki?")

Just as I was trying to push him away, we heard a knock at the door. "Kaun hai?" Raghav groaned in annoyance. I giggled and rolled out of bed with sheets wrapped around me. "Maharaj, pandit-ji will be here in an hour. You asked us to give you a reminder," one of the workers said, "We'll be there," Raghav said dismissing the staff. "Kya yaar Raani sahib, aapne toh thaka diya, ab mera man nhi hai neeche jaanke ka," Raghav commented rolling on the bed. "Kisne kisko thaka diya exactly? I'm the one who is sore," I screamed out of the bathroom. Raghav came to the bathroom naked. "You'll have to use a lot of concealer to cover those up babe," he teased, "So will you, darling," I said. He looked at himself in the mirror, realizing I, too, had left marks of my claim on him in quite visible places. He made a tsk sound and left to take a shower.

("What happened?" "What Raani sahab? You exhausted me, and now I don't wanna go down." "Who exhausted whom exactly?")

As I was getting dressed, he walked out, looking annoyed at the marks he had. "Now you know why I get annoyed," I declared. "Taunt me later, but cover these up first, please," he said, looking completely not amused at my behavior. I chuckled and went to him with my concealer. "I'll be in rajmata's room, I need to get Arjun's kundali before pandit-ji arrives," I said leaving, after covering up my art work on his neck. He just hummed. As I reached the meeting hall with the kundali, I found pandit-ji seated while talking to Raghav and both bua-ji and kaki-ji looking extremely pissed. Viraj Bhai and Aashi also had just walked in.

I welcomed them as both Viraj bhai and I handed both Arjun and Aashi's kundali to pandit-ji. I sat beside Raghav and Viraj bhai and Aashi got seated opposite us. They spoke to bua-ji and kaki-ji as pandit-ji went through the kundalis. "Both their kundalis match perfectly. They are made for each other. Inke vivah keliye do muhurat hai. Ek 3 mahine baad aur ek 6 mahine baad," pandit-ji said, making all of us ecstatic. Before any of us could comment anything, kaki-ji said, "Ghar mein shaadi ke layak ek ladki hai aur uske pehle tum ladke ki shaadi karvana chahte ho." All of us just stared at her. "Kaki-sa, she'll get married when she wants to. Arjun and Aashi have been together for 10 years now and engaged for a year. I don't think it'll be fair to make them wait any longer," I said breaking the silence.

("One is after 3 months and one after 6 months." "There's a girl of marriageable age at home and you want to get the boy married first.")

"You just keep quiet. Since you've come into this house, nothing has happened according to tradition. The king's wedding must happen with grandiose and Raghav had to get married in a temple because of you. You don't get to comment on anything that happens in our family, given that you neither have one nor do you know how one runs," bua-ji roared. It enraged me. Her words hit all the spots and now I wanted to pull her head off. But before I could say or do anything, Arjun said, "You are the one who has no idea about running a family. Your husband left you, and yet you still cling to him like a leech, and here you are teaching my bhabhi about running a family. And who said she doesn't have one? We are her family. Don't let me hear you utter such words again. I've been so quiet because of my bhabhi, but if you insult her, even my bhabhi can't stop me from doing something you wouldn't appreciate." I looked at him shocked. Arjun never spoke to anyone like that. He was a very soft-spoken and calm person.

"Dekha Raghav, kase baat kar raha hai tumahara bhai. It's all because of this woman," she said pointing to me. "We didn't have a say in deciding the eldest daughter-in-law of this house and see how that turned out. Nor do we have a say in the younger one. But let us decide on Sakshi's husband. There's this guy I know. He's the son of the owner of the Malhotra Industries. He's a good-looking guy with a lot of wealth. Let's get Sakshi married to him before Arjun's marriage and then Arjun can get married to whoever he wants," kaki-ji concluded. I looked at het appalled at her audacity. Sakshi looked stunned and kept looking at Viraj bhai and Raghav.

(Look Raghav, look how your brother is talking." )

"Pandit-ji, we'll let you know the final date after some discussion. Thank you very much for your time." Raghav said. Pandit-ji greeted and left. Kaki-sa, I'm very happy with how the eldest daughter-in-law of this house turned out. She's one of the most successful businesswomen in the country, and she's taken care of this family better than anyone ever could. None gives you the right to comment on that, especially after you left 3 kids to starve to death in this palace," Raghav said calmly, sending a shiver down the spines of both women. "Now, when it comes to Aashi, there's no one on earth better suited for Arjun than Aashi and I'm proud of my brother for taking a stand for his bhabhi. I'm not going to let you use my sister as a pawn for your game. She will get married whenever she wants and to whomever she wants. You don't have to take the pain of introducing her to anyone. She's currently dating Viraj and I'm very happy with it. So I request you to not get involved in matters that pertain to my family." Raghav completed, and both the ladies left for their rooms in a hurry, completely embarrassed.