Hurtful words

Jaanki's POV

I woke up the next day to find myself sprawled on my husband's chest. I rolled away from him to get up and looked at the time. I had woken up later than I would've liked. I stretched and got up from bed and pushed myself into the bathroom. As I got out after freshening up, I saw Raghav on his phone, looking annoyed. "Bua and kaki are coming next week." He said, looking extremely pissed. I hummed and he moved to the bathroom. They were complex women, his bua and kaki. They didn't really like me and made sure to let me know. I went down to the kitchen to get myself a coffee, dreading the next week.

"Oops, Sorry!" I said hurriedly, turning around. I had just walked in on Arjun and Aashi eating each other's faces. They split apart at the speed of light. "In the kitchen, guys? Really?" I said, a smirk playing on my lips. Both of them rushed out of the kitchen, looking extremely embarrassed. "WTF!" I heard Raghav shout and rushed out to see what had happened. I found a very pissed Raghav looking at a scared Sakshi. "Don't yell at her like that, Raghav." Viraj Bhai tried to tell Raghav. "Tu chup baith saale. One day you stay at my house and I find you sucking my sister's face. Don't take advantage of our friendship." Raghav roared. Viraj Bhai looked at Raghav, shocked. So did I. I didn't expect this reaction from him. I mean I did know he was very protective of his sister but who better than Viraj Bhai for Sakshi. "You don't get to talk to me like that. Your brother is dating my sister as well. I never said you guys took advantage. I know you are pissed, but that doesn't give you the right to spew nonsense," Viraj Bhai said, now getting angry himself. "Raghav, I know it's shocking, but ek baar, calm down and think. Both of them are adults and can we ever find anyone better than Viraj bhai for our Sakshi?" I tried to reason with him. "Just shut up, Jaanki. Don't get involved in my family matters." He said.

(" Just shut up!"}

There was pin-drop silence in the room after he said that. I looked at him, shocked, which slowly morphed into hurt. "I see," I said before walking away to my room. "First, learn how to talk to your wife, and then you get the right to dictate how I behave with your sister. Let's go, Aashi." I heard Viraj Bhai say before I heard footsteps leaving the meeting hall.

Raghav's POV

I was pissed. More like enraged. I saw my best friend and sister kissing each other. I had just woken up and was making my way down to the kitchen to get my coffee when I saw Sakshi and Viraj. It made me so angry. And in that anger, I said things I didn't mean. I regretted it. I regretted those words as soon as they left my mouth. I didn't mean a single piece of nonsense, I spewed. But anger got the best of me. I mean, I raised my siblings after my parent's death. They were more like my children, and the possessiveness that comes with that got the best of me. "That was very unnecessary, Bhai. What you just told bhabhi was not warranted at all." Arjun said, looking extremely upset. "Gussa mujhpe tha na bhai aur aapne bhabhi ko hurt kar diya." Sakshi said with tears in her eyes before rushing to her room. Arjun, too, left. I fucked up, didn't I? Jaanki was not just their bhabhi but had, in a way, become almost a mother-like figure to them. All that respect and care she had earned with her efforts, and I just disregarded all of it in my fit of anger. Now, I didn't know how I'd deal with the mess I myself made. I did not just mess up with my wife but also my sister. I know she's old enough to make her decisions, but when I found her kissing Viraj, my possessive side came out. I'm aware that Viraj is a great guy, and he'd always take care of Sakshi, but what can I say? I just got extremely possessive. Before I can deal with any of this, I need to clear my head first. And so I headed to the gym.

("You were pissed at me right bhai, but you ended up hurting bhabhi.")

Jaanki's POV

I slumped onto the floor with my back to the bed. My mind was swamped with what Raghav had just said. "His family," he said. I know that he was angry, and he said whatever he said in anger, but that doesn't help. His words did hurt me. I had lost my parents when I was merely 7. I grew up raised by nannies with a lawyer appointed by my parents, looking after my finances till I turned 18. I never knew what familial love felt like. I spent the greater part of my life craving for it. I had finally found that family here. Raghav had given me that family. Maybe that's the reason his words hurt me more. It made me feel like he could take back whatever he had given me at any time. I knew I was overthinking. Raghav did not love me, but I knew he would never leave me. He had given me that security in these six months. The respect he had given me didn't let me doubt him even for a second. But I couldn't erase the hurt I felt that easily. I didn't realize when a tear rolled down my eyes.

I heard Raghav walk into the room. I swiftly wiped that tear and stood up to leave. My eyes met his. He looked at me, many emotions roaming in his eyes. I was not in the state of mind to deal with any more confrontations as of today. I decided it was better to walk out than to worsen the situation. And so, I left.